Social ride anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Just wondering who would be up for an arranged social ride this summer or sooner?

North Wales and Chester area.

Just trying to get some figures into something a bit more social than just going out on my own.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
If I'm up your way I'll give you a holler.
I have rellies near Bangor, and have been known to slog up Horseshoe Pass on occasion.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
If I'm up your way I'll give you a holler.
I have rellies near Bangor, and have been known to slog up Horseshoe Pass on occasion.
Not sure how many people would be willing to do that. I have been meaning to go up it. I have to travel 30 miles myself just to get to the start (downhill way).

And I will Cyclist33.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Pubrunner and me were planning a forum 50 mile ride based on Gobowen Railway Station (just North of Oswestry) taking in the variety of North Shropshire borderland scenery from hills in the west to the plains in the east but winter came along and we sort of let it drop. I think we worked out a route with enough hills to make it interesting and and enough flat bits to make it sociable together with a nice cafe for lunch but we weren't sure how many people would be interested in coming over here for a ride - so if anyone thinks they might be interested let me know and I'll give Pubrunner a nudge - it wouldn't take much to organise a date.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
. I think we worked out a route with enough hills to make it interesting and and enough flat bits to make it sociable together with a nice cafe for lunch but we weren't sure how many people would be interested in coming over here for a ride - so if anyone thinks they might be interested let me know and I'll give Pubrunner a nudge - it wouldn't take much to organise a date.

Oh yes, there will be hills. :whistle:

I know that Smeggers :thumbsup: lives in the vicinity - so hopefully, he'd do it ! Perhaps Lukesdad, Banjo & DrSquirrel might venture so far North (along with other members from South Wales/Herefordshire/Shropshire). IF we could contact Anglefishsolo - he might also do it.

Likewise, perhaps some of the fellas from Yorkshire might journey over; after all, I was daft enough to try one of ColinJ's arduous Yorkshire outings . . . . . . . only polite that in return, he, BromptonFB (Shaun), Colly, Callum, PenninePaul etc., make a journey over here . . . . . . . and if we could get evilclive and his awesome tandem - that would be brilliant !!!

Of course, one of the most high-profile members lives close by . . . . . . . but do you do much cycling, Mr. Stevens ? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
[QUOTE 1752095, member: 45"]Nice idea. Me too far away though.[/quote]
+ 1 I'm too far away.

Top Bottom