SOLD: Shimano RT30 SPD Sport Touring Shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am selling an only-used-once pair of Shimano RT30 SPD Sport Touring Shoes. Please note - these shoes are only suitable for use with SPD cleats/pedals. They are great for short walks off the bike. You wouldn't want to hike in them because the soles are stiff for cycling, but for wandering around cafes, shops, B&Bs and railway stations they are fine!

rt30_shoes_1.jpg

rt30_shoes_2.jpg

rt30_shoes_3.jpg

Reason for sale
Too small! See detailed sizing information below.

Condition
As you would expect for a pair of cycling shoes used for (only) two hours! Cleats are not included with the shoes, but you can see marks on the soles where SPD cleats were fitted. The soles inevitably have a few tiny scuff marks from one trip out on the bike. They will be sent in the original box.

Sizing information

I normally wear UK size 10 shoes off the bike. I have fairly broad feet.

I wear size 45 Sidi Look shoes on my best road bike and they are a comfortable fit.

I decided to buy the Shimano SPD shoes for my audax bike since I was finding cafe stops a bit of a pain in my Sidis (slipping over, and wearing out a lot of Look cleats). I bought the Shimano shoes mail order in size 45 but I could see as soon as they arrived that they were on the small side. I should have sent them straight back but I made the mistake of using them for one ride to 'see if they would give'. They didn't, but my feet did - I could hardly walk after 2 hours on the bike! Since then, I bought a pair of Shimano shoes in size 46 and they are a snug fit.

I think the size 45 will be a good fit if you normally wear UK size 9 or probably a size 44 or maybe even a 43. Obviously you buy at your own risk though. Definitely don't buy the shoes if you normally wear UK 10 or european 45!

Price
I paid over £50 + p&p for them, but I'll sell them for £35 incl. p&p. NB: (sorry) mainland UK buyers only.

I'm interested. Do you still have them?

I'm keen but perturbed by your sizing info. I usually wear size 10 too. I've been using a pair of Shimano size 44 for years and never had any problems with them. They're the direct predecessor of these ones. Give me one more day - my commuting buddy has just bought the same ones in his size - I'll ask whether he has had any size issues. Is that ok?

bonj2

Twenty Inch said:
I'm keen but perturbed by your sizing info. I usually wear size 10 too. I've been using a pair of Shimano size 44 for years and never had any problems with them. They're the direct predecessor of these ones. Give me one more day - my commuting buddy has just bought the same ones in his size - I'll ask whether he has had any size issues. Is that ok?

Go to an LBS and try on some shimano size 45s. One shimano will probably be the same as another shimano. I once had some shimano shoes which I bought in my correct size and found them to be too small too.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Twenty Inch said:
The length of the shoes wasn't the main problem, it was tightness across the width. Specifically - the shoes squeezed my little toes in and pinched the widest part of my feet.

Hang on, I'll measure my feet and just try the shoes on again to confirm how they fit...

Right, in terms of length - the shoes are a tad short - perhaps about half a UK shoe size. I may not be an exact UK 10 - I haven't had my feet properly sized for years but I seem to get on okay with most shoes of a nominal size UK 10. My feet are about 27.5 cm long.

The Shimanos are way too tight across the width for my feet which are about 11 cm wide.

Ask your pal and also measure your feet. If you come in closer to 26.5 cm length and 10 cm wide you will probably be okay.

I just checked my old Shimano MTB shoes. They always felt slightly large on me and I've discovered that they are size 47 - I don't know how that happened! As far as Shimano sizing goes - I seem to be a 46. I have had comments before now about the shape of my feet (high, wide, but relatively small for my 6' 1.5" height) - perhaps yours are a more 'normal' shape.

Anyway, I reckon I've gone about as far as I can to help you or other prospective buyers with the sizing. Remember - Caveat Emptor - if you buy the shoes and then decide they are too small, I don't want them back!

PS I've just reread your last post - you've been wearing Shimano 44s - well you should be okay with Shimano 45s then! Perhaps you are more like a UK 9.5 and I'm more of a 10.5 but we both get away with UK 10s?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Twenty Inch said:
Hello Colin

I'll give these a go as my current shoes probably won't last the winter. PM sent with contact details
Hi T.I. - I received your cheque and paid it into my account today.

I posted the shoes to you this afternoon (Thursday 8th November). I hope they are a good fit.

Cheers,
ColinJ

Top Bottom