Soldier F

clid61

Veteran
I was in manchester this afternoon, 3000 ex and serving service men and women were protesting against the prosecution of SF along with London servers too .I might be wrong but seen nothing reported on BBC. Hmmm (edit to men and women )

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I was in manchester this afternoon, 3000 ex and serving service men were protesting against the prosecution of SF along with London servers too .I might be wrong but seen nothing reported on BBC. Hmmm

22000 bikers in London last weekend according to Met figures, not reported. Larger march planned for tomorrow in London.

OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
22000 bikers in London last weekend according to Met figures, not reported. Larger march planned for tomorrow in London.
Thanks for that Diogenes . Dont see londons press or news , but you'd expect it to go national. Or is it that theyre more concerned with Swampy and the enviromentalists ?

It made the news when they protested in London. Didn’t make the news when they protested in Manchester.

As for the protest, you don’t become innocent because a few decades have passed. If there’s grounds for prosecution then it’s up to the soldiers’ peers in court to hear the evidence and give their judgement.

Soldiers have the authority to kill but there are rules of engagement and it has been accepted it was against unarmed civilians. That doesn’t mean automatic guilt. In fact it means a presumption of innocence. The proesectuin has to prove otherwise.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Soldiers do the bidding of their superiors. What were his rules of engagement ?

Slick

Guru
Rules are fine until your dropped into an environment where you are repeatedly told to be on guard as everyone is a potential enemy willing to shoot you dead in an instant.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Don't think it's so much about the rights and wrongs of the case, more so much that it doesn't seem to be getting the coverage it's supporters feel is deserved.

This is a reply to someone who complained to the BBC (not me)

BBC Complaints said:
Thank you for contacting us about BBC News coverage from April 12 regarding the Veterans Motorcycle Demonstration.

We realise you felt the ‘Rolling Thunder’ rallies across the UK on April 12 should have received more attention on BBC News.

Many gatherings take place in cities around the UK and we do not cover them all. Instead, we consider each protest on a case by case basis and take into consideration the wider context of the story at hand.

We have recently reported on the Bloody Sunday trial, including a range of voices reacting to the recent prosecution decision made regarding ‘Soldier F’.

We’ll continue to follow the case and return to significant events as it progresses.
You can see why people might look askance at the BBC for more or less dismissing 22000 bikers parading through the capital as not being "significant". Whatever your feelings on the Soldier F case, that many people protesting is surely newsworthy?

Top Bottom