Some people will steal anything!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
Argh!

I own a clunky old mountain bike which used to belong to my dad which I've single speeded and slick tyred to do shopping on as experience has shown me it is undesirable to thieves.

However, a few months ago when I was living at my last flat, one day I noticed the cheap 4 quid flashers I'd put on it for dark evenings had gone. Who nicks a 4 quid set of lights?

Anyway, moved house a couple of months ago, and bought some cheap flashers again now its getting darker last weekend. The bike now lives locked us round the back of the flats.

Just went down to take it out to the shop to buy some fags ... and the lights have gone!!! Mountings and everything! Who the **** sneaks round the back of someones house to steal a 4 quid set of lights?

What a ****ed up world.

Shaun

Founder
Absolutely mad ... :rolleyes:

longers

Legendary Member
If it's not bolted down then someone will have it.

Quite often they will if it is. Or at least try.

Mum had some old chimney pots planted up outside the house a few years ago and they went missing. My sisters boyfriend came round and instantly and correctly guessed that his sisters boyfriend had had them away. She got them back.

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Also I should point out my bike wasn't locked to anything, just a cheap cable lock round the wheel and frame. They could have just picked up my bike and walked off with it. Iinstead they, and I guess there must have been more than one, got a screwdriver out and removed the very fiddly lights worth four quid. Don't get it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If it's not bolted down then someone will have it.

Quite often they will if it is. Or at least try.

Mum had some old chimney pots planted up outside the house a few years ago and they went missing. My sisters boyfriend came round and instantly and correctly guessed that his sisters boyfriend had had them away. She got them back.

+1............... you'd never believe it................ :tongue:

potsy

Rambler
Having seen a pic of your 'best' bike I'm not surprised they didn't want your 'pub' bike
biggrin.gif

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Also I should point out my bike wasn't locked to anything, just a cheap cable lock round the wheel and frame. They could have just picked up my bike and walked off with it. Iinstead they, and I guess there must have been more than one, got a screwdriver out and removed the very fiddly lights worth four quid. Don't get it.

Hence I don't ever ride my bikes to the shops........... ever.......... not even the missus old bike.............. I just get in the car...............sad, enviro nightmare.......well ............ the bike doesn't get knicked............. very sad........

Speicher

Vice Admiral
In a street near here, someone keeps leaving their bike unlocked outside shops or offices. It looks a very good bike, with lots of lights, and some pannier bags, IIRC.

I just hope I can continue to resist temptation, but for how long? I am not sure what the owner's reaction would be when if I requisitioned it. He could of-course ring the Police. That might take some explaining tho, as he explains to his superior officer why he left the bike unlocked. :whistle: :biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
In a street near here, someone keeps leaving their bike unlocked outside shops or offices. It looks a very good bike, with lots of lights, and some pannier bags, IIRC.
EEk, I didn't think you lived anywhere near me :ohmy: , by lots of lights do you mean one back one front and rear reflector?
Perhaps I should revise my security arrangements. :unsure:

Top Bottom