Some say she's ugly!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
ugly ...well no, but mudguards would make it look better ;)

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Gotta ask..why would mudguards make it look better.. personally think they ruin the look of a bike....
I was joking, like funny, OK I'II get me coat
getmecoat.gif

Davidc

Guru
Gotta ask..why would mudguards make it look better.. personally think they ruin the look of a bike....

No, mudguards make a bike look elegant and well dressed. A bike just isn't complete without them.

It's a matter of personal preference. If you don't like them no-ones going to make you use them (unless you're taking part in a multi-rider event, and then it's for a very good reason - you can take them off again afterwards).

Mudguards or not, the bike in the OP looks great.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Oh that won't do!

It'll have to be a steel frame and steel wheels, with traditinal down tube shifters, you can't fit panniers onto that thing!, I'll tell you what, I might be tempted to do a straight swop for my 1980 Raleigh winner if you throw in a can of coke (might seal the deal) to save you the expense of doing the conversion  :whistle:

In no way is she ugly, but you'll look better on the old winner instead  :biggrin:

e-rider

crappy member
She would look less ugly if the saddle was level and with a normal handlebar stem (not one pointing to the stars)

With 'Raleigh' all over her you could be fighting a losing battle though!

J.Y.Kelly

She would look less ugly if the saddle was level and with a normal handlebar stem (not one pointing to the stars)

What he said.

OP
OP
huttster

huttster

ugly ...well no, but mudguards would make it look better ;)
Mudguards!If i wanna get wet i'll go swimming!
wink.gif

Saw one of those on my commute yesterday. Lovely looking bikes.
Agree they need mudguards though..
whistling.gif
ok! ok! i'm off to halfords!
ohmy.gif

Have to have my saddles dipped slightly as i've got a boney lump just behind my clackerbags,very painfull.
wacko.gif

I still love her,she's got a lovely personallity.
wub.gif

Am to old to worry about looks, but does she go thats what I would be more interested in :tongue:
She is a right goer Fokker,am going a lot faster now,especially uphill
biggrin.gif

scott s10

no, why would it??? put the saddle flat and lower the stem , it wont be any more uncomfty. or just get a nicer stem which is vertical instead of pointing towards your head . :/

Top Bottom