Sometimes I wish I was American...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A

another_dave_b

punkypossum said:

Perhaps you could ask Trek UK to consider trying something along the same lines? You never know, they might go for it. :ohmy:

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
I might just do that - considering I keep exchanging emails with various members of their staff on a regular basis anyway. The latest one told me to sign up for the etape du tour (HAHA!!!!), so maybe this would be a good way to train me up for it! :ohmy:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Oh I wish I was French!! Always have done. You get to be fluent in the most amazing language, have legs to die for, eat loads of cheese and not get fat, live in the most beautiful country in the world and look effortlessly chic at all times.

Whereas I come from Wiltshire!

HelenD123

Guru
Cathryn said:
I kind of wish I was american at the moment because their president is so hot he's almost replaced Daniel Craig in my heart!

Cathryn - one of my friends saw Daniel Craig on the Champs Elysee a few weeks ago and you'll be pleased to hear he's just as gorgeous in the flesh!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I remember a very surreal experience when I was visiting Theresienstadt concentration camp near Prague and was in a bunch of people, including an Israeli couple who were clearly making some kind of family pilgrimage.

Anyway, this fat redneck American man turned to the Sabra woman and said to her, "every day I wake up and thank God that I'm a man, I'm white and an American." (You have to imagine the thick American accent for that one).

the Israeli woman looked suitably nonplussed, as did I and my friend who overheard, but we spent the rest of the day walking around saying "every day I wake up I thank God that I'm NOT an American."

I wouldn't mind being an American, as long as I could choose where to live. A farm in the mid-west maybe - somewhere away from the masses, away from the excesses, away from daily politics... plenty of wide open space. That will do nicely.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I know a chap who is half Texan/half Parisian.. (not American/French I must add)
and yes he is mad as the preverbial hatter

papercorn2000

I lived there. You need to specify the north of California. South of the San Joaquin mountains it's a huge urban sprawl down into Mexico.

Northern California has nicer beaches, nicer cities and the best National Parks.

Top Bottom