Soon be summer, eh?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Specialized Mick, 8 Feb 2019.

1. lane

lane Über Member

I remember last year winter. I had the flu December / January then just when I thought things would look up we had two weeks beast from the east in March. Then all of a sudden a warm spell in April. I got home from work on an April evening and went out in the lovely warm weather with a short sleeved jersey and the relief was almost indescribable.

marshmella likes this.
  2. MrBeanz

MrBeanz Active Member

I know a local who does this ride. I'd say he is one of the more rugged riders I know! :training:

Paulus likes this.
  3. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

I did it in 2015 and doing it again this year. It is like a street party with 1200km of riding. Fantastic atmosphere.

MrBeanz and Paulus like this.
  4. Sunny and warm here today and almost summer like :okay:

5. meta lon

meta lon Guru

You've been cycling in Queesgate haven't you..
    It was a cold wind at times.

Horrible today mind

6. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

I hate this weather. I get quite depeessed at this time of year. Can't wait for the spring.

Dirk likes this.
  7. It was roasting out at Oundle :okay: I'm given today a miss though the 1.5h at threshold yesterday have made me pretty tired and I can't be bothered cleaning the bike.

8. Alot of us mix up the scales probably for dramatic effect. When the temperatures hit 32 celsius (rarely) it just seems more dramatic to say the country has temps in the 90's ..Farenheit

Slick likes this.
  9. MrPie

MrPie Telling it like it is since 1971

Don’t know what all the fuss is about......Glorious week of 30C ish here in the city of Perth ‘Stralia :becool:

Attached Files:

10. Slick

Slick Veteran

You may be right, but I reckon my reasons go a bit deeper than that. When I was estimating jobs, I would price them using meters square or if it was a larger job it would be the old London square, but if we won the work I would quite often have to return and re-measure in feet and inches to match it to the material we were using. At the time, I didn't think anything about it, like it was just normal. :blush:

marshmella likes this.
  11. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

I used to work with a guy who regularly mixed his measurement by eg 2 metres x 10 inches. Not as a joke, he just never got into metric.

Slick likes this.
  12. mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

But at least the days will be longer.

lane likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice