Sore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve B

OK, so I am getting back into the cycling, and managed to do a no stopping 30 miler yesterday :biggrin: (no sniggering at the back - thats impressive for me!) But boy does it chafe in the old nether regions. In fact I was expecting my legs to give out but surprisingly they didn't, it was the chafing that made the last 5 miles painful. Looking on wiggle they sell udderly smooth or the assocs cream (minty arse lard I believe it is affectionately known as). Are either of these better than the other, and are both better than a spot of vaseline? I am spending most of today walking like a cowboy, which clearly is not a good look :smile:

Steve.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No one will be sniggering mate, well done on your 30 miler. It's 30 miles more then a lot of other people manage.

I use vaseline and it works perfect.

I'm lucky and manage to avoid chaffing.

I do use shave the scrote, though, to avoid, well, you know . . . !

I have found that talcum powder after a ride (and shower, of course) helps against possible soreness (nice and smooth, and dry, see).

Others, no doubt, will give you a better answer! :smile:

And well done on the distance, good stuff.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
No laughter here. A 30 miler is a good distance in my books :smile:

Chafing is something that sadly will occur no matter what you do. A liberal use of Vaseline or Sudocrem can minimize the amount of soreness you will experience but like most things in cycling the more you do the better / easier it becomes. Your body seems to 'toughen' up and take more punishment :biggrin::laugh:

No laughing from me - but then I'm not 'at the back' :biggrin:

I use Sudocream, after the shower, and half hour later - no probs...

It's all a matter of 'taste' :smile:

just4fun

tempessuk said:
Get yourself some Assos chamois cream
Have,nt had the problem since using it & it fills good to LOL

+1
and it does feel good :ohmy:

nice on on the 30m too

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
bike set up is important, also what you wear, I made a couple of mistakes early on. Have got the Udderly cream myself and does the job. I need a second lot to leave at office(currently carrying the Udderly tub to and from) and will probably try the Assos to see if any different. Might get a smaller tub/tube to keep in rack pack as well, just in case extra application needed on longer ride.

OP
OP
S

Steve B

Many thanks all, I am able to walk a little easier now :wacko: I will try some sudafed next time as I already have some of that, and order up some of the assocs cream next time I put in a wiggle order. Not sure I will ever be using my bits as an anvil though :biggrin:

Steve.

postman

Legendary Member
Well done.After 15m i am on the lookout for the first cafe.Keep it up.

For me it's all about being out on the bike and visiting places.Not speed.

You are half way to a good day out 60m.

With that you get two more cafe stops.

Well if you came out with me you would.

Top Bottom