South-Staffs returning road cyclist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ushills

Veteran
Finally I have returned to road riding after a fifteen year period of fannying about on mountain bikes, while I've enjoyed my time MTB'ing as its been a laugh with the wife and fine along the canal with the kids, I finally got myself a new Pinnacle Dolomite One from FWE.

It's like being a teenager again and the dolomite is very reminiscent of my custom Knight Cycles frame that was kitted out with campag stuff when I were a lad.

Used to do a fair bit of youth racing for Wolverhampton Wheelers with closed circuit races around West Park and did my first century at 14 in just over 6 hours, occasionally tagged along with Phil Bayton on his training run from Tower Industries in Wombourne on his way to Bridgenorth although he generally dropped us after a bit of a chat and encouragement.

Nowhere near as fit as I was then, as I used to cycle everywhere and train every day, but the routes that I now take for training/pleasure use a lot of my old routes and sometimes I feel the legs of youth again. Gradually increasing the distance and getting some base miles under my belt and hoping to enter my first 'sportive' next year for the challenge. Enjoying every ride out I have and always looking forward to the next couple of hours on the road around Coven and Brewood.

Next step is to get the daughter a road bike so she can come out with me and get the little lads legs up to speed on his kiddy bike, cycling can be a way of life and I hope to pass my passion on to my children and enjoy the ride with them until I can't get out of bed anymore.

Keith Oates

Janner
Sounds interesting ushills, welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy some time here as well as out riding your roadie and getting the family members involved.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Good to have your experience on board, ushills and I hope the children learn to share your passion quickly :bicycle:.

So that'll be 3 teenagers in your household, then .....
eek2.gif

Top Bottom