1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southern Sportive

Discussion in 'Sportives' started by walker, 10 Sep 2007.

1. walker

walker New Member

Anyone here do it yesterday?

2. OP
    OP
    walker

walker New Member

I know I was'nt the only one there....

3. Peter

Peter Senior Member

Yep, i was there - Had a very disappointing time and one p********e.
    Other than that -enjoyed the scenery and the sunshine.

4. OP
    OP
    walker

walker New Member

how did you find that second big hill?

5. Peter

Peter Senior Member

I wished I had a 34 x 26 for that one, but I always dread the first steep one.
    I'm riding the Guildford challenge this Sunday, so hopefully will get around a little quicker.

6. The Postie

The Postie New Member

I've just found this site, so sorry for the 2 month delay. Although being a postie I still class this as quite a prompt reply.
    It was my 1st sportive and I really enjoyed it. Re hill, assuming you mean Harting Down that's hellish, I'd ridden up it a few weeks early so knew what to expect, it just keeps going on, admittedly I've not been back since!.
    I had a great time in a big chain, resulting in me having to 'hang on' for the last 20 miles.
    Which leads me to my reason for posting:-
    The guy that drafted me for 2-3 miles with on 5 to go, I was spent had nothing left, but he stayed there until someone better came along, grrrrrrrrr I was so angry.

7. OP
    OP
    walker

walker New Member

thats the selfish sportiva's for you. I must admit, I do hang on to wheels alot longer than I need to but When it is my turn on the front I end up losing everyone as I've stored it up to much.

Happy riding postie