SPD pedal with normal shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
This may sound like a very stupid question but that has never stopped me before and won't now :biggrin:

If I use my (hopefully) soon to be delivered M520's with my usual trainers (ie not cleeted) do I run the risk of damaging the pedals?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No damage to the pedals, but they won't give your foot a good platform - more likely damage to your shins when your feet slip off..... better off waiting for proper shoes.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Thanks guys. I was hoping to be able to afford the shoes at the end of the month but finances are worse than I thought and so it now looks like Mid December time instead. Oh well......

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
When my M520's arrived they had plastic platforms on one side of the pedal. You should be able to use them with the platforms still connected in normal shoes. I personally took them off after the 1st time I used them. Initially kept them on incase clipping/unclipping was difficult but its really easy.

You will notice a lot of difference with clipless AFS!

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Thanks guys. Well with luck the pedals arrive tomorrow and if they are like Sittingduck's were then at least I can get ride of the horrible black plastic things on the crank at the mo. If not they will sit and gather dust for a month lol

Top Bottom