SPD-SL Pedals

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by redfox, 19 Sep 2007.

1. redfox

redfox New Member

Because I only paid attention to the price when buying on-line, I am now the owner of a pair of SPD-SL compatible shoes that I cant use. ;)

Rather than return them I thought I'd go down the tried and tested route of chucking more money at the problem and get a pair of pedals.

Any recommendations for less than £50?

Also, am I going to find the lack of float an issue compared to my old SPDs, which where never set that tight in the first place?

Thanks

2. rob_mcp

rob_mcp New Member

I have a pair of 105 and a pair of ultegra pedals - the 105 are easier to clip in/out even on low tension settings. 105 are about 40 quid (or the R540? which are similar). Others have said the 105 fall apart - mine haven't (yet).
    THey will have some float but not as much as SPDs - but they are "cleaner" to clip in and out of - I find spds sometimes catch when you think you've unclipped - but for road riding the level of attachement that you feel s a lot better with the SLs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice