SPD SL stopped clipping in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One of my SPD-SL clipless pedals has stopped clipping in this morning, any ideas why it might not be working, they're not even a month old yet.

Need photos to say anything tbh.

zacklaws

Guru
Have you got some mud, stones, compact snow or ice in the cleat itself, I have found anyone of those will stop you clipping up

OP
OP
W
It looked pretty clean but I'll have a look later, upon reading up on these the cleats aren't particularly robust.

This wouldn't be a problem if I had to buy 3 or 4 pairs a year but at this rate It will be more like 16/17 pairs a year.

OP
OP
W
I can't upload a picture at the moment, I have no means to do so but yes I mean those yellow rubber patches, the one at the front has a chunk torn off it.

A set of those cleats should last a fair while. Im only onto my second set in 3 years!

Are you doing a lot of walking on them?

What do you mean by not clipping in ?
Can't hook in to the front or doesn't click in at the back when you press down ?
Dubious about cleat wear as I just replace a year old pair due to getting new shoes and the left cleat which is the
main one for unclipping while riding was waffer thin at the front (now easier to clip in but harder to unclip).

OP
OP
W
A bit of that yellow stuff on the front had wrapped around the lip on the shoe preventing it from clipping down at the front, I pulled it back and now it works.

Top Bottom