SPECIALIZED HELMETS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayce

Im looking to buy a new helmet i like the propero or s works as they got good venting ,i need one with good venting as i get hot quickly my other helmet is a met and it is s**t ,so a they a good lid to choose :biggrin:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
I've just bought a Propero to replace my aging Met Ippogriffo. Venting is definitely vastly better. The shape is a bit more oval i.e. longer front to back and narrower side to side.

I got an S works cheap when my old helmet smashed in an accident in February.

I regretted it immediately as the venting was fantastic. Now the weather's warming up, I might be persuaded to change my opinion. It is really light, you hardly know you're wearing it.

I'm definitely upgrading my skull cap before next winter.

ajb

I bought an S-Works 2D a few weeks ago.

It's great, the venting is good, fit is fantastic,
the only slight moan would be that it is a bit more noisy than my old Bell.

Alan

monnet

Guru
I had a Propero, which was great - until it got cracked in incident. I replaced it with a 2D S-Works, which was going cheap at the time, also great. Very light, very well vented. Fits a dream.

bonj2

I like the look of the specialized helmets, wouldn't mind one...would have to be red though
how firmly do they strap on - are they quite secure?
why is the s works better than the propero, just lighter?

monnet

Guru
I find them very secure - better than Giro in my experience.

S-Works is lighter (under 200g). It also has a slightly different retention/strap system. To be honest I only got the S-Works because I saw it on offer at the same price as the cheapest Propero I could find. I think even the Echelon at the lower end of the range is light and comfortable.

OP
OP
J

jayce

Had the lid today what a potch to get it to fit right ,still not the best the front straps a loose i would not say that these a great lids dont think they a worth the money .they give you some red tabs and they dont say where they go ,,,im not impressed with it ..s-works my arse

Danny

Legendary Member
In my experience getting strap lengths right can be a paid with any helmet.

Why don't you go back to the shop and ask them to help you adjust it?

FOAD

jayce said:
Had the lid today what a potch to get it to fit right ,still not the best the front straps a loose i would not say that these a great lids dont think they a worth the money .they give you some red tabs and they dont say where they go ,,,im not impressed with it ..s-works my arse

Apart from it being rather obvious the instructions gave me a few pointers when I read mine ;)

Top Bottom