Specialized Secteur - Alternatives

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I'm after a light touring/winter ride with more relaxed geometry than my Raleigh Avanti road bike.

Been looking at the Secteur - has everything I want - triple chainset (I ride in the Peak District), great frame, rack points, mudguard eyelets. :smile:

Unfortunately there's no good deals on it. :sad:

If you spot any alternatives in the sales gives us a shout.

vickster

Legendary Member
If it's the right size... https://www.cyclechat.net/

What's your budget?

OP
OP
Alembicbassman

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Thanks for the link. I'm 6'1 so the 58cm is best for me, that'd be too small.

Budget is £600

I'd like Tiagra as it's closest to my 105 stuff on the other bike, but Sora is OK

Ridgeback Horizon looks good too.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I'm not sure they have mudguard eyelets, but they do have rack mounts, except the top of the range one with carbon rear stays.

You can put the crud guards on though, and 23mm tyres makes it easier to fit them.

OP
OP
Alembicbassman

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I'm not sure they have mudguard eyelets, but they do have rack mounts, except the top of the range one with carbon rear stays.

You can put the crud guards on though, and 23mm tyres makes it easier to fit them.

Must have been thinking of the Giant Defy for the mudguards

If you offer deals on Specialized bikes that aren't authorised by Specialized then you lose your dealership (same goes for Trek if you try to sell mail order without delivering them fully assembled).
They will start dropping next month.

banger

Veteran
Giant defy 2 is a great bike tiagra drive train, carbon fork, full mudguard available for them (though I use crud guards) been using it for training, audaxing, sporifes, irish end to end 4 day ride ect. very comfy only upgrades I've made in 2 years is a charge spoon saddle, and shorter stem (I'm 6') should be able to pick one up this time of the year at a discount.

barongreenback

Über Member
The Specialized concept store in Birmingham has 10% off the Secteur at the moment so there are definitely deals to be done. I have the Sport (with the triple) and it's a fantastic bike. Really love it. Had it 2 months now and have logged nearly 500 miles on it already, and it's my first road bike.

OP
OP
Alembicbassman

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I've worked out that I can replace the gears on my old Columbus steel framed Sora 8 speed STi equipped road bike for £20 to allow me to do the hills. Gotta be cheaper than £600 :smile:

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I have a 2010 Secteur Sport that is slightly upgraded. I love the bike it is very comfortable, I am the same height as yourself and got a 58cm frame. When I was looking for a bike the Cannondale Synapse was also a bike I was considering as it is also a relaxed geometry bike. I tried the Secteur first and bought it. But it is worth looking at as an alternative possibly.

Top Bottom