Specialized Secteur Sport or Specialized Tricross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boldhead

Regular
Hi all, Just wondering if I could get some advice on which bike I should buy. Both the Secteur & the Tricross 2011 models are in the sale at a local bike shop & I've had my eye on the Secteur for a long time, & have been waiting for the sales.
But from what I've read the Tricross is an all round bike that can do a little off road as well as being good on the road. I did a 100mile bike ride last year for charity on an old mountain bike & would really like to upgrade now, as I'm wanting to do more. Maybe much longer rides a few days at a time.
From what I've read both bikes are very good but which 1 would be better for the longer rides for carrying things etc. I'm thinking the Tricross but I know the Secteur is a really nice bike.
Any advice would be brill,
Thanks.

rollinstok

I would go for the Tricross, as you say it will also take you off the road if you wish.
The only advantage with the Secteur is it will be faster...its a one trick pony.
The Tricross will do road, trail, cross country, canal towpaths, light touring with rack and panniers.

potsy

Rambler
[QUOTE 1743861, member: 45"]PM PaulSecteur. He's got both.[/quote]
I have both too, have to say if it was a straight choice for a year round bike it would be the Tricross hands down.
Secteur is lighter, faster, but the Tri is very versatile and comfortable. :thumbsup:

Norm

I have both too, have to say if it was a straight choice for a year round bike it would be the Tricross hands down.
Secteur is lighter, faster, but the Tri is very versatile and comfortable. :thumbsup:
Ermm... did I write that? If I didn't, it's exactly what I would have written. :laugh:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Pretty much says all that needs to be said on the matter.

2pies

Veteran
I bought the Tricross as my first real bike and love it, as I use it for 100+ miles a week commuting and take it off road a little as well; bridle paths, along the river etc. That said, I am now looking to get something faster for some sportives this year, but I want something even lighter and faster than the Secteur so having the Tricross and a racing bike will be perfect for me. Not sure I could live with just the Secteur.

Depends on what you'll use it for. If you want to do mostly road riding, the Secteur would be better and you can use the MTB for the occasional off road. If you want to do a real mixture of riding, the Tricross is more versatile. Probably more fun to ride as well.

Both bikes are comfortable for long rides as they both have carbon forks and relaxed geometry. I won't be getting a new bike for a few months so I plan to use the Tricross for a few sportives in April and May.

Falwheeler

They must be really popular bikes as I have one of each also. Love my Secteur (Elite) but if had to choose just one bike I'd go for the Tricross, not as much fun but more useful

Top Bottom