Speed hack tried

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
Tried the magnet on the pedal & reverse the speed sensor today, one advantage obviously is getting past the 15.5mph on the flat .
Main thing for me is the lapse before getting to a hill & waiting for the assist cut in, so it was nice to ride right through & get up the hill.
My ride today was 37 miles average speed was 20.9 mph & fastest 32mph, to conserve battery I used eco mode on all the flats & standard on hills which there was a few & when I got back i had 10% left.
So it eats up double the battery life as I get 75+ normally,its ok on short runs but really not great in reality.
I will be putting it back to standard, it was a free hack so I thought I would try it.

DEFENDER01

Über Member
Twist and go is the way to go.
I cant get on with pedal assist.:okay:

byegad

Legendary Member
If your electric bike is capable of powering (under electric assist) over 15.5mph it is no longer an electric bike under the law and becomes a motor vehicle, As such it must meet Construction and Use regulations for lighting, brakes etc and needs to be registered, carry a number plate, have insurance and needs an MOT if over three years old. The rider must wear a Motorcycle helmet too.

Top Bottom