Splashed out on a new jacket.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Last week my old Tenn Hi-viz jackets zip gave up the ghost so I decided to splash out on a new one as an early Xmas pressy to myself. After much trawling through t'internet reviews I went for this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310351046179?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 an Endura Flyte Jacket in hi-viz yellow.

It's a bit pricey (for me) at 95 quid, but all the reviews I'd read were very good. It's far lighter than my old jacket, and seems a lot more breathable....apparently ptfe is the new sliced bread in jacket technology! I'm in my thermal lycra gear at the moment though, so no jacket on top of thermals will stop dampness altogether but it is a marked improvement on the old jacket so I'm really happy with it. It also packs up really small, so it should do as an all year round rain jacket as well as getting me through the Winter.

hotfuzzrj

Veteran
I want to get a new jacket for Chrimbo too, I currently use an Endura I got off ebay and it works a treat although the white layer of sealing inside the jacket is sort of... perishing/shedding...? so that when I take it off I have a fine layer of what looks like dandruff all over my shoulders, back, arms etc. It looks awful! :shy:
So has anyone else had this problem, can I rectify it, or should I just ask for a new one and use the current one for emergencies?
Many thanks if anyone can help

Maz

Guru
I does look a bit pricey, but I like the styling on that jacket, particularly the off-centre zip.

Top Bottom