SPOILER Tour de France: Rotterdam prologue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Not sure what time it starts, anybody able to aware?

My guess:

1. Spartacus
2. Wiggins
3. Contador

Interesting to see if Bookwater pulls off another brilliant time like he did in the giro's prologue

iLB

Hello there
16.15 local time I think...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
ITV4 From 5pm although it's 2 hours long and racing is 16:15 to 19:00 ish according to the Tour Web Site, so we'll lose an hour or so.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I know that it was to try to avoid the rain, allegedly, but wiggins really did put a very slow time in.
I know we'll have to see what the other contenders do, but i'm amazed that Wiggins is 46 seconds slower than Martin

Steve Austin said:
I know that it was to try to avoid the rain, allegedly, but wiggins really did put a very slow time in.
I know we'll have to see what the other contenders do, but i'm amazed that Wiggins is 46 seconds slower than Martin
In the post-ride interview he basically says that he's not too bothered because it's only going to be seconds after the Prologue with the big gaps later down the road in the mountains. Sounds like he's trying to convince himself really, especially as Sky/Brailsford have a philosophy of making small gains wherever possible. He can't afford to give the likes of Contador & co a thirty second start.

dragon72

Guru
Wiggo said pre-race that he was aiming not to win the prologue, just be ahead of the other GC contenders. I can't see Albert Counter and Armstrong going slower than that...

Will1985

Über Member
Contador doesn't look comfortable on his bike - wasn't ready in the start house and he seems to be shifting his position every 10 revolutions.

Top Bottom