Spoke Clackers to become mandatory.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
A new law will be brought into force on 1st June requiring all cyclists to fit "spoke clackers". These are little plastic devices that fit on either seat stay and make a "clacking" noise as the wheel turns.

A spokesman for the DFT stated, "Pedestrians and drivers are often unaware of the presence of cyclists because they are almost silent compared to a motorised vehicle. The new law will mean that every bicycle will make a loud clackety-clack sound as it is ridden down the road, thereby alerting other road users to the cyclist's presence".

The police will be given powers to issue on-the-spot fines to any cyclist caught riding without a clacker.

"If the new law is successful in its effect", the DFT spokesman said, "Going forward, we will roll-out a new legal framework to make cycling safer. One of the first additional items of law will be the mandatory use of helmets with integrated indicators sticking out on 6" stalks each side of the wearer's head".

Halfords is to start selling clackers as of next week, with two ranges available. There will be a discrete range for adults and a colourful range for children, complete with clackers that look like cats, dogs, teddy bears and chickens.

BSRU

A Human Being
If Labour where still in government this could be more believable.

Trevrev

Veteran
A new law will be brought into force on 1st June requiring all cyclists to fit "spoke clackers". These are little plastic devices that fit on either seat stay and make a "clacking" noise as the wheel turns.

A spokesman for the DFT stated, "Pedestrians and drivers are often unaware of the presence of cyclists because they are almost silent compared to a motorised vehicle. The new law will mean that every bicycle will make a loud clackety-clack sound as it is ridden down the road, thereby alerting other road users to the cyclist's presence".

The police will be given powers to issue on-the-spot fines to any cyclist caught riding without a clacker.

"If the new law is successful in its effect", the DFT spokesman said, "Going forward, we will roll-out a new legal framework to make cycling safer. One of the first additional items of law will be the mandatory use of helmets with integrated indicators sticking out on 6" stalks each side of the wearer's head".

Halfords is to start selling clackers as of next week, with two ranges available. There will be a discrete range for adults and a colourful range for children, complete with clackers that look like cats, dogs, teddy bears and chickens.

Oh yeah!!! It's April 1st !!!

Midnight

Coooooooool... I want one of those lids :tongue:

And I'm all for clackers but against compulsion. My clackers have saved many pedestrians from being splattered usunder as I bomb along the highways at 13mph.

Next payday I'll be getting the kiddies Cat Clackers, 'cos I'm a tiger on the road :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom