Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
On Facebook - Yorkshire Cycling Sales: a Raleigh Newton trike in Ripon for £100:

At the Lancaster Way recycling centre in Witchford in among several BSO...

A ladies Mistral Tourist drop bar tourer / commuter bike for £30. Has rack, mudguards, cross top brake levers, 5 speed gears with down tube shifter, tyres look new-ish. Could use a little TLC but doesn't look in too bad nick. Says "Yugoslavia" on the seat tube, so prolly mid-80s.

Was thinking about it for myself as a bike I could leave overnight in the racks at the station, but realistically it's much too big for me :cry:

Edit: here's a link to the recycling centre's online marketplace - http://witchford.revivemarketplace.com

And a picture of the bike

product_img_20170123_5885e5fbbfdb9-800x390.jpg

Last edited:

Mainzy

Regular
Evening all. Been lurking in the background for a while looking for bikes to buy and thought I should 'join the chase'. On evilbay most days and Gumtree so I'll post anything interesting I come across.
:okay:

GuyBoden

Guru
Alan, Carbon
Class bike. Looks fantastic.
Campag gears and Shimano calipers (105?), Dave Hinde Wheels.
Size 55cm, so too small for me.

£200 Runcorn, Cheshire. (Absolute bargain if it's an Alan bike.)
https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/alan-carbon-racing-bike-for-sale-./1225227281
$_86.JPG

Last edited:

davidphilips

Veteran
Dont know if this is a classic/vintage but its an oldish one,snapped it up this morning a massi master.

Theres a few things needing seen to like the brakes work fine but right lever works the rear brake and left works the front?

Just for my own preference i will fit larger tyres than the 700x23s perhaps 28s, fit a shorter stem and change the calipers to 105s theres dura ace shifters front mech the rest of groupset is 105 apart from the calipers that are campagnolo also the rear cassette is 12/23 know fine well that i would not get up some of the hills on it.

Dont know whats its worth but i gave an old viking and viscount that i was given plus £80.

Fun over the weekend with N@1 madan voyage due tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• 100_8507[1].JPG
    100_8507[1].JPG
    313 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_8508[1].JPG
    100_8508[1].JPG
    290.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_8509[1].JPG
    100_8509[1].JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 87
Top Bottom