Spring/Summer Overshoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I currently have some BBB heavy duty neoprene overshoes. They have done a great job in the winter but I have a feeling that they are a bit to warm for the warmer weather. I never really thought about it when I bought my Specialized Body Geometry SPD shoes but they look like seive's with all the venting so I really need some lighter weight overshoes in case I get caught in the rain during my commute. Anybody got any recommendations please?

corshamjim

I bought some from Aldi when they had a special on last year. They're light weight, not waterproof but stop my shoes from getting muddy from puddle splashes and will cope with a light shower. I'm saying they're great, but were certainly cheap! :biggrin:

amaferanga

Veteran
Have a look at the Prendas.co.uk website. Windtex overshoes are half price at the moment. They're ideal for cool or damp summer days. The oversocks are also a great buy - they only add a little warmth but keep your shoes clean. And Prendas almost always dispatch the same day so if you order now you'll almost certainly get them tomorrow.

Fiona N

Veteran
I have a few pairs of different weights of Windstopper overshoes - dhb do some good more 'full-on' ones with a zip and reflectors, then there are some very lightweight Gore ones mainly lycra with just a Windstopper 'toe-guard' and a pair of red (to match the bike and the jacket for special occasions) pull-on ones.

I do have trouble with dead toes even in moderate temperatures so I'm not just a gear addict :blush:

OP
OP
Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Cheers thanks for the advice, think I will try some Prendas but not the ones on offer as they are only available in white. Just a bit loud for me and will show all the crap up. The Gore ones are too pricey for me, sure they are good though.

Glover Fan

I bought some from decathlon the other day for £15, they don't seem too think, but haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Only problem with the Aldii ones I had were the zips were made from low grade cheese.

2 rides and they were stuffed. I sewed a couple of strips of velcro in to replace the broken zips, and they've been spot on.

400bhp

Guru
Just resurrected this thread.

Bizarelly I have the same overshoes (and mudguards for the hybrid it seems :thumbsup:)

Are the Prendas ones those for £9.95 or £19.95? The £9.95 does not mention waterproof?

Any other considerations?

Glover Fan

Seeing as it was resurrected, just thought I would elaborate on my previous post, the brand is Decathlons own Btwin and they performed very well in torrential downpours during an audax last weekend, yet because they are quite thin my feet did not overheat, but stayed dry.

Top Bottom