Stage 11 - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
They are back in action today after the rest day and Cyclingnews seems to think it's a good stage for the breakaway players to succeed. Could it be one where others will try to dislodge Evans from wearing yellow or will this be one where Millar will get the win he would like to have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tetedelacourse

I can't see the sprinters featuring today, too big a lump in the way. A breakaway of half-decent climbers and rolleurs maybe. I'd say Voigt if he hadn't run himself into the ground on Monday.

Hmm, I'll go for... Txurruka (mainly cos I like the sound of his name).

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Stick a pin today. I think the breakaway will stay away though. About time Devolder did summat.
or Chavanel ( the one that isn't a sprinter)!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Devolder is a possible, or someone like Andy Schleck. I reckon the Cat 1 climb near the end would do for any breakaway by someone like Millar unless they had a really big lead by that stage.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Arvesen! Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that. A good organised break - not that it will make much difference to the overall standings.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Pretty big margin or is that more normal on a slightly flatter course? Only big mover I could spot was down in 41st in the GC, Fofonov, who was 28 mins down who'll have halved that and have moved somewhere in the 20s.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
marinyork said:
Pretty big margin or is that more normal on a slightly flatter course? Only big mover I could spot was down in 41st in the GC, Fofonov, who was 28 mins down who'll have halved that and have moved somewhere in the 20s.

Yes, there was nobody to threaten the leaders in the break and a lot of others who are still aching from the Pyrenees and girding their loins for the Alps.

marinyork

Is there not much point making a go of it as you might make up enough time on the six HC climbs on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday?

marinyork

Well those say 5-8 minutes back who might want a podium overall (or the leaders apart from Valverde who everyday they go on about how knackered he is) who might need to get a hurry on?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
marinyork said:

Moinard, who was leading the break until right near the end, has gone up to 25th, 11.49 behind...

marinyork

Ah I didn't spot that one. They're all completely unfamiliar names. A very good day's work for Moinard and Fofonov to get upto 25th and 30th. Botcharov also took 14:40 out and is now 6 mins down.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
marinyork said:
Well those say 5-8 minutes back who might want a podium overall (or the leaders apart from Valverde who everyday they go on about how knackered he is) who might need to get a hurry on?

shuffling the pack a bit but if anyone tried to get so far ahead to get into a podium position the teams of the leades would shut it down. Having said that, Oscar Pereiro won the 'Landis' TdF by getting away and wasn't chased down for some unknown reason.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
marinyork said:
Ah I didn't spot that one. They're all completely unfamiliar names. A very good day's work for Moinard and Fofonov to get upto 25th and 30th. Botcharov also took 14:40 out and is now 6 mins down.

And I didn't notice that one... that could be significant. A number of dark horses there trying to get time before anyone realises they might be a threat? 6 minutes in the Alps is nothing after all...

Top Bottom