Stage 13 - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
After yesterday's troubles let's hope all the discussion today will be about the actual racing. Cyclingnews seem to think it could be another day for the sprinters so which team will try to get the better of Cavendish and Team Columbia today. I have a feeling that Friere will be in the front when they get to the line in Nimes. Interesting comment about it being the home of Denim, never knew that before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

Sorry, I don't care at the moment :laugh:

.... but no doubt I'll pick up during the day. :?: Hard to bet against Cavendish and Columbia today. They're doing everything right at the moment and nobody, but nobody!, is getting a look in. I almost feel sorry for McEwan! Maybe defending yellow means SL have other priorities.

I thought Credit Agricole looked good in the finish yesterday, so maybe they've got the measure of Columbia. So, IF Cav isn't there or has a bad day or whatever, I'll go with Thor Hushovd.

kennykool

Quick step looked organised yesterday as well - ruffled Columbias feathers for a few hundred metres- just a pity they don't have Boonen to challenge Cav...that would be a great battle. Thought Husovd could do something tho....

Think SL do have more to think about than getting McEwan ANOTHER stage win at the moment!

I'm gonna go for cav again today as it's a real flat last Km. Hard to bet against him just now. Think he'll be off before they get to the Alps by what he said last night!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
yello said:
Sorry, I don't care at the moment :tongue:.... but no doubt I'll pick up during the day. :biggrin: Hard to bet against Cavendish and Columbia today. They're doing everything right at the moment and nobody, but nobody!, is getting a look in. I almost feel sorry for McEwan! Maybe defending yellow means SL have other priorities.

I thought Credit Agricole looked good in the finish yesterday, so maybe they've got the measure of Columbia. So, IF Cav isn't there or has a bad day or whatever, I'll go with Thor Hushovd.

Yello, I know where you're coming from, last night (for me) I switched off the Live coverage on Cyclingnews and said that's the end I'll stop following the tour. This morning some sense prevailed and I thought the only loser will be me, but it was close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
The break is being brought back so it looks like another sprint finish but the question is who will lead them over the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
4th for Cavendish. Timing again :blush:. 4 has got to get some serious tv news recognition?

gavintc

Guru
Just watched it live on tele. Thank goodness I took an early trip home today. What a man, he was blocked and then found a route through, making it look so easy and with speed to spare. I hope this is big news tonight.

yello

He made that look easy. Sitting 4th or 5th, he looked comfortable and in control. Waited for the moment, put the hammer down and that was it. Job done, a good 2 bike lengths. Everyone else was fighting for second place.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just watched the highlights - great finish - got boxed in and some how punched out..... great finish, like yesterday.

As soon as it get's hilly again, I think he'll hang the wheels up - big things are a coming !!!

Got both kids screaming at the telly - good result !

Top Bottom