Stage 16 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Two big climbs today but it may not be decisive as it's a long steep downhill finish.
Let's hope Wiggo's got the legs of Robert Millar to stay with the front up the climbs and the courage of Sean Yates to belt down thge other side.

Wiggins will have to tackle the Col de St Bernard with dogged determination (and a snifter of brandy) ;)

Maybe Lance Corporeal Armstrong will buzz off? :evil:

Will1985

Über Member
Last time I was there, the road surface on the Italian side was pretty poor on the Col de Grand St Bernard - my fastest descending speed was done on the Swiss side. IIRC the Italian side has a far more technical descent, but it shouldn't matter too much being the first col.

Can't imagine a breakaway being given too much time on this stage either.

Bertie was reported today as being more scared of Bradders than Armstrong. He'll try and put some more time in today to safeguard himself for the TT.

justAl

Can't see Brad taking anything off Contador but I really hope he attacks LA. At the end of today I expect it to be Contador, Wiggins, A Schleck, LA

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I agree, I think AC is secure. I'm not sure if Wiggo can beat the Schlecks up the big hills but given what he's done already, I certaintly wouldn't rule it out.

Does anyone know if Wiggo is a good descender?

Haitch

Flim Flormally
justAl said:
Can't see Brad taking anything off Contador but I really hope he attacks LA. At the end of today I expect it to be Contador, Wiggins, A Schleck, LA

Andy Schleck didn't look too bright going up the Big Bernard.

Top Bottom