Stage 17 - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Today is the big one, or to be more accurate the big three as there are three tough climbs to get over. There will be no hiding for anyone today and it will be interesting to see how it develops. CSC will need to try again to distance themselves from Evans and Menchov but as seen yesterday that will not be easy unless one or both of them have a bad day. I think that Evans will do what he does best and that is cover the moves and try to keep from losing very much in the way of time. Could we see a resurgence from Valverde or will he continue to disappoint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rustychisel

Oh, I don't think Valverde disappoints. Sure, he had one relatively bad day, and he's lost some time, but he's finding out how hard it is to win the Tour rather than just swan around the peloton, or take the GC of the Vuelta. I know he's fallen out of the Tour before, but this time he's really finding out what it's about. Anyway, like you said, this one will be key.

PS; lotta comments on the boards about how ugly Cadel is... have you had a gander at the fizzog on some of those Gerolsteiner blokes? They're all pink and rubbery looking, with bristles and sticky out teeth. Eeeech.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
I think that after the Dauphine people (including me) thought he might be a real challenger in the tour, so from that angle he is a little disappointing so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MichaelM

Guru
At 12 o'clock toaday, I shall park my behind in front of he T.V. and won't be moving until the fat lady has sung.

I'd like to see Evans stay close enough to be able to take yellow in the TT.

kennykool

I'd like to see Evans strap on a pair and actually make his own move! He absolutely MUST win a stage before the time trial - in my opinion.

His team need to support him tho. Popovych left him yesterday - not sure what that was about???

biking_fox

Guru
Schumaker's off on the break, again ! He's currently 22 down and if he can get it to stick a bit will put himself in good contention if he does another epic TT on Sat.

3 HC climbs to go though!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'd be very disappointed for the whole TdF to be won on a TT - I want to see some serious attacking riding in the mountains today. I still think Sastre could pull out a big stage... he has to really.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
I'd like to see that as well but I'm not sure we've seen anyone that looks like doing that so far this tour. Hey there is always hope though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, still no clues yet as to how it will turn out - 4 minutes for the escape is not much and no-one from the peleton has tried to make a move... but with the two hardest climbs still to come...

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Big George had a crash but is getting back into the peleton, there are not the big gaps forming today so far. The big boys will be waiting for the L'Alpe and then it should all start to happen (maybe)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Keith Oates said:
I'd like to see that as well but I'm not sure we've seen anyone that looks like doing that so far this tour. Hey there is always hope though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only Ricco / Piepoli - and we know now why they were able to escape so easily! Maybe it's because the artificial differences have been evened out a bit now...

Top Bottom