Stage 8 - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Could be another sprinters race although some could make a break in the early 'lumps' and then stay away. For me though I think Friere will be near the front when the line is crossed.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

A breakaway's possible.... depending who is in it. There's a 100km from the last 'bump' to the finish line so any breakaway (échappé) would have to work hard. I reckon it's a classic sprinters day... so pick one from half a dozen! Cav for another stage? He'll be knackered after yesterday, but so will the other sprinters!

monnet

Guru
I wouldn't have fancied that finish - there was a fair bit of standing water. Great finish from Cav again.

mondobongo

Über Member
That was such a classy finish he appeared to be boxed in and he just went to his right and round and then accelerated to the line fantastic.

Noodley

I think today I became convinced that Cav is as good as he thinks he is!

Good interview afterwards as well when he was saying he was in a team with huge talent and no egos, then turned to the camera and said something along the lines of "well I've got an ego, everyone will be laughing at that one."

mondobongo

Über Member
Think he may well have had some coaching as he came across really well in that interview.

gavintc

Guru
I have not seen the action yet - will be watching tonight. But, logged onto Cyclingnews to read the excellent news. Cav - arrogant young man, but he can ride a bike.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think he interviewed well after his first win too and more or less apologised about the night before's effort. He was very disappointed and let it show.
At least we know now that he can walk the walk aswell as talking the talk. I'm prepared to give him some slack over an adrenaline fuelled post match interview.

yello

Noodley said:
I think today I became convinced that Cav is as good as he thinks he is!

I'm kind of in agreement. I knew he was good, I hadn't doubted that, but today he proved he is class! That sprint, in those conditions, from 5th position with 3 sprinters ahead of him in full flight.... and he went out and round and finished with room to spare.

Gentlemen, we have a true champion!

gavintc

Guru
I think you have to cut him some slack. He is clearly a driven man, ambitious and competitive. These factors affect different people in different ways. There are many many arrogant successful people. That belief in himself, the will to win is simply part of his make up. He is no Brad Wiggins but you just have to acknowledge his success. Not terribly British is a common comment - well winning stages is not terribly British either.

Top Bottom