Start a Glasgow club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mookie

I would like to but am majorly put off by the chat on some of the other threads about speed/hills etc. I wouldn't be able to keep up :biggrin:

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

mookie said:
I would like to but am majorly put off by the chat on some of the other threads about speed/hills etc. I wouldn't be able to keep up :biggrin:

Don't need to do rides like that, it will be a group for the people by the people :ohmy:

mookie

Sounds good - my husband is currently trying to pick a bike ( :biggrin: could take some time as he's a picky get....) and once he does, we would be up for this (if we can get rid of the sprogs!)

Renard

Why? There are already plenty of clubs in the Glasgow area as it is. What we could do with is a bit of consolodation.

scook94

Veteran
Renard said:
Why? There are already plenty of clubs in the Glasgow area as it is. What we could do with is a bit of consolodation.

I've never been in a cycling club. Like Mookie, I'm put off by these things being like a training run. The ethos behind the CC Informal Rides is more relaxed and about having a good time. If the proposed Glasgow club is run along these lines then why not have another club?

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
mookie said:
I would like to but am majorly put off by the chat on some of the other threads about speed/hills etc. I wouldn't be able to keep up :whistle:

Don't be put off by the banter, the CC Central Scotland Rides are actually a laid back affair, they are intended to be accessible to everyone, no one gets dropped or left behind.

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

+1 to what scook94 said

I plan to do the next Central Scotland ride, however I don't know what my Julyber shifts in work are yet :biggrin:

Renard

I thought you meant a club affiliated to Scottish Cycling. Don't be put off, plenty of existing clubs have social rides for those not involved in racing.

Top Bottom