Statues, then

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Two possibilities here, either you don't know who Ngo or is - and should therefore invest some time in looking into his background before publishing his hateful dribble here, or - you do know who he is and are fine with him using his time at Quillette to provide lists of "antifa-adjacent" journalists to a neo-nazi group.

In either case, consider yourself called out.

I'm starting to think that the NACA subforum should be shut down.
To be fair to Joey (I know right!), it's getting kinda difficult to keep up with all the anti-antifa, conspiracy theory sharing, right wing circle jerking, shoot-stirring, social media hogging, bot loving, Trump supporting, Farage fanboy, clickbait generating, white supremacist nutjobs.

To be fair to Joey (I know right!), it's getting kinda difficult to keep up with all the anti-antifa, conspiracy theory sharing, right wing circle jerking, shoot-stirring, social media hogging, bot loving, Trump supporting, Farage fanboy, clickbait generating, white supremacist nutjobs.
None taken :laugh:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
For Bristol, how about someone very well known, admired around the world, politically quite neutral, a man who's work is watched by millions and helped put Bristol on the map in a much nicer way than Colston et al.

Plus, his brother had an island full of dinosaurs....^_^

David Attenborough anyone?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
For Bristol, how about someone very well known, admired around the world, politically quite neutral, a man who's work is watched by millions and helped put Bristol on the map in a much nicer way than Colston et al.

Plus, his brother had an island full of dinosaurs....^_^

David Attenborough anyone?
Maybe.

And then there's Hannah More philanthropist, and anti slavery campaigner, set up one of the first schools in Brislington.

Plus another shout out for DJ Derek.

Rusty Nails

We remember
meh. If you're going to do sculptures, do them properly

View attachment 531854
Couldn't the artist do horses' bodies?

Those are just busts. :rolleyes:

Couldn't the artist do horses' bodies?

Those are just busts. :rolleyes:
Haha - funnily enough the Guardian hates them

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/jonathanjonesblog/2014/apr/22/andy-scott-kelpies-sculpture-falkirk-scotland

Scotland has unveiled the latest misbegotten "masterpiece" of public art. It is big. It is bold. And it is rotten.
I feel like crying that someone spent £5m on this piece of trash.
What a pretentious prick. They've been a huge success and are regarded as iconic images.

If it's busts you're looking for, here's Arria

1592913348588.png

Scotland has a lot of great sculptures by main roads. It incensed a former boss of mine. He was a racist arse from Leicester and he was incensed that England was giving Scotland money to be wasted on sculptures, bridges and roads. I made a point of always choosing routes past as many as I could.

This one drove him nuts, he literally turned purple as he ranted.

1592913561745.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Milzy News & Current Affairs 769
Flick of the Elbow CC Cafe - General Chat 15
Top Bottom