• Go home - to stay - puts youre family members at risk

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Stay until the Nurse has been and finished her call then go home

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

kingrollo

Veteran
Settle an argument for me.....

You live in a family of 4 adults - 2 of which use inhalers which put them in the high risk group.
You need to take your elderly uncle to the doctors for a blood test - on arrival at your uncles it transpires that a nurse will visit and attendance at the GP surgery isn't required.

What do you do ?

Slick

Guru
I went B but I don't share a house with vulnerable adults which may skew my choice a bit.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Settle an argument for me.....

You live in a family of 4 adults - 2 of which use inhalers which put them in the high risk group.
You need to take your elderly uncle to the doctors for a blood test - on arrival at your uncles it transpires that a nurse will visit and attendance at the GP surgery isn't required.

What do you do ?
You don’t detail what the risk was, I assume going to transport the uncle was already a risk.

assuming the uncle is capable and attendance was only for transportation, Probably A.

lane

Über Member
Why would go home put your family at risk? Safest option go home, wash your hands. You could also go as far as putting clothes in wash and have a shower.

OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Veteran
You don’t detail what the risk was, I assume going to transport the uncle was already a risk.

assuming the uncle is capable and attendance was only for transportation, Probably A.
It's all a risk. IMO meeting the Nurse was the risk .......and an unnecessary risk......

wafter

Über Member
Clearly A since staying risks transmission of anything the nurse might have to five people as opposed to one.

EDITED: Misread the question..

Last edited:

lane

Über Member
Yes clearly better to go home you have only had contact with one person (uncle) while staying to meet the nurse is a second opportunity for infection and it would seem in the circumstances unnecessary.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Asthma is a very broad condition. Without listing why an uncle is in a vulnerable group and what the risk is compared to the other two you can't make a decision.

I'm guessing that the stay there is motivated by some understanding/memory/other cognitive problems for your uncle and having a potential impact on treatment.

I don't expect you to list any of the medical details, that's the point, it's unknown. It's also interesting the nurse chose to visit as it would suggest they are pretty vulnerable and it's important to do the tests.

If you're worried about circumstances, please use the personal part of the forum or I hope you are able to talk to others in real life :smile:.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Unable to decide from information given. It depends on whether the uncle needed assistance beyond transport.

Top Bottom