Stealth right hook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
this happened on Monday on a long straight stretch of the Mile End Road, I was rather watching the silver car pulling out a bit more than was called for but in a cycle lane, noodling as the traffic was appalling and I'd already seen some terrible driving, it was very close and them braking at the last minute and me swerving into the turning (I remember that although you can't tell). At the time I had no idea where that car had come from, but you can see an opening appear at the moment I arrive, does anyone else think they'd realistically have seen that coming? I warn the sensitive/at work/easily offended there's some loud and obscene language immediately after I've stopped, the driver stopped and gave me the evil like he ws the injured party, and I'd had a very sudden fright

[media]http://www.ruedelagare.co.uk/CAM/Noname.avi[/media]

Chutzpah

Über Member
Let us know when it's good to go
smile.gif

Tried taking the comma out of the URL but still getting a 404.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
Let us know when it's good to go
smile.gif

Tried taking the comma out of the URL but still getting a 404.

good to go

I must not try anything tricky before bed time, the comma and a cap N on the filename, sorry

There's little to see other than the begining of the hazard, that and me swearing for the East End

Chutzpah

Über Member
Nice use of the Queen's English..........

Was it the green Fiesta that clipped you? He didn't look like he was going anywhere - if so I assume he saw the traffic and lights about to turn and decided to head left without checking his mirror?

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
you can see a red car waiting to turn right early on, that's the later object of abuse, a gap opens and they somehow squirt through it as I start to cross the turning, the camera looks quite a way ahead but belive me that there was very little to spare, the green one was merely in the area

Was it the blue car which turned in that was the problem?

No it wasn't I can see that from slow mo...

Was it a left hook?

Sorry im confused...

There's a maroon car red mondeo BEFORE the blue avensis that makes the right turn and gets the hump? (video is slightly confused by a different maroon car also appearing AFTER the avensis)

Is that it?

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
sorry, it wasn't meant to be difficult, about halfway in you can see a red car wating to turn right behind the white truck at 5s

that one

Chutzpah

Über Member
Damn, spot him now.

More worried about utilising the gap than seeing a head bobbing along over the top of the stationary vehicles....

How dare you touch his car.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
no contact, not quite, even looking for it, it's tricky I think, I do watch for that but i thought two lanes of stopped traffic was going to prevent anything like that

only now do I notice that he turns into the wrong/right lane of the side road because the green car is stopped across the left side, I recall at the time beng very suprised, in a bad way

You can't spot everything can you?

I didn't spot that land rover which almost wiped me out a few months back...

Yes I see the red car is only visible briefly so I see the problem.

Can see the red car in the oncoming lane and then when you look right it is missing...from that I can guess the rest.
He didn't hang around and creep across either did he, must have shot through that gap!

Glad he missed you, sounds like a close thing tbh.

mad despot

Veteran
Shocking language!! What if any polite citizens had been around to hear that?! :stop:

I'm afraid that appalling language and improper bahaviour are all too common these days. :sad:

And I'm afraid I think you were partly to blame tbh - you were coming to a side road on your left and the car to your right stopped to let that red car across, you might have realised had you exercised better observation. + the lights ahead were red so it wouldn't have done any harm to let that poor chap go into that side road.

I hope he didn't have any children in his car to hear that tirade, even I had to cover my ears! :eek:

Top Bottom