Steam Generator ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
What a lovely Val Day's *gift*.

I have been chained to the said thing for more than an hour.:biggrin:

But, it is a cracking piece of kit and cuts through ironing like a hot knife in butter.

Recommended to all ..... :biggrin:

The hard bit is putting all the stuff away!!! :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Must be good, our turbo steam thingy (not a steam generator) is darn quick, so these must be good. PS hope you make sure the better half knows how to use it too.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
They are brilliant. Steam generating irons rank alongside the taming of fire, the invention of the wheel and the pork scratching as one of the peaks of human achievement.

I bypass the need for such a thing by never doing any ironing....:laugh:

pes

snapper_37 said:
What a lovely Val Day's *gift*.

I have been chained to the said thing for more than an hour.:biggrin:

But, it is a cracking piece of kit and cuts through ironing like a hot knife in butter.

Recommended to all ..... :laugh:

The hard bit is putting all the stuff away!!! :biggrin:

What make did you get?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Mort said:
I sympathise with that, but sometimes I have to wear a suit and tie at work :laugh:

Yeah, I'm lucky that I can dress casual all the time. Thank goodness, no matter what I wear, it tends to look casual after half an hour...

Arch said:
Yeah, I'm lucky that I can dress casual all the time. Thank goodness, no matter what I wear, it tends to look casual after half an hour...
Ironing was invented by mad Victorian social scientists to stop ladies from making better use of their hands.

Nice to see that they failed on an epic scale. :biggrin::biggrin:

Ironing never happens in our house. Consequently I usually resemble an ambulatory unmade bed.

Frustruck said:
do you take in ironing sanpper? I have a £5 iron from Sainsbo's. It's rubbish. And I can't find my cufflinks!
Ah, I can see where you're going wrong. Try using a metal detector. Irons are rubbish at finding precious metals.

Maz

Guru
I'm clearly missing the point. Don't most modern irons generate steam when you press the button?

Arch

Married to Night Train
snorri said:
Arch slides down the list of possibles in the marriage stakes.:biggrin:

:thumbsup:

Ah, I'm prepared to make some compromises for a relationship, but taking up ironing isn't one of them...;)

I'm sure I have other talents to make up for it though...

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch's steam generator is more likely to look like this

I actually enjoy ironing and find it very theraputic. I have a lovely Philips Azur steam iron. Lots of steam but that also means that it empties its reservior too quickly.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Night Train said:
Arch's steam generator is more likely to look like this

I actually enjoy ironing and find it very theraputic. I have a lovely Philips Azur steam iron. Lots of steam but that also means that it empties its reservior too quickly.

Oh yes! And she's still in her lovely duck egg blue primer in that pic...

Really, a steam generator ought to be what my late BF called a 'phut machine'... (although the problem is, they are internal combustion, not steam)

http://www.wealdpower.co.uk/

One of the highlights for us, of a decent steam fair, was the phut machine display. A dozen of the things, all phutting away, generally powering a single lightbulb, but sometimes a fancy water pump fountain. And each one accompanied by a grumpy looking owner, and even grumpier looking wife sitting in deck chairs....

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Frustruck said:
do you take in ironing sanpper? I have a £5 iron from Sainsbo's. It's rubbish. And I can't find my cufflinks!

I'll do your ironing anytime Fru ..... :biggrin:

for £15 per hour .... ;) :thumbsup:

Can't help with the cufflinks though:sad:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch said:
http://www.wealdpower.co.uk/

One of the highlights for us, of a decent steam fair, was the phut machine display. A dozen of the things, all phutting away, generally powering a single lightbulb, but sometimes a fancy water pump fountain. And each one accompanied by a grumpy looking owner, and even grumpier looking wife sitting in deck chairs....
Not really into stationary engines unless they are really, really big but they do have a much nicer sound then a petrol generator.

Maybe this will tempt Arch into steam ironing! ;)

Top Bottom