steaming mad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jake

ARRGHGHGHGHGHG. after a lovely cycle i nearly ended up in the canal because of some lazy pikey of the sea left hose pipes along the path which led me to get my wheels trapped and nearly end up having an early shower. dam lazy scab off the state hippies. BUT, thats not the main reason im steaming. I nearly got squashed by an effing bus!!! I'm just about to edit then write to the bus company!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mad as a hatter!

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Jake said:
ARRGHGHGHGHGHG. after a lovely cycle i nearly ended up in the canal because of some lazy pikey of the sea left hose pipes along the path which led me to get my wheels trapped and nearly end up having an early shower. dam lazy scab off the state hippies. BUT, thats not the main reason im steaming. I nearly got squashed by an effing bus!!! I'm just about to edit then write to the bus company!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mad as a hatter!

What is a lazy pikey of the sea?? ;)

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

one of those "people" with dreadlocks who live on narrow boats along the canal.

ps mate just emailed and he said he saw police pull over 2 bikers with no lights and dark clothing, GOOD!

snapper_37

Jake said:
one of those "people" with dreadlocks who live on narrow boats along the canal.

ps mate just emailed and he said he saw police pull over 2 bikers with no lights and dark clothing, GOOD!

Ohhh right! Good this isn't in P & L then ;):biggrin:

snapper_37

Politics and Life, never mind.

Anyway - at least you got home ok and wasn't tripped up into a stinking canal by the hoses ;)

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

the fear of the canal thing is that i would have slipped down between the boat and the edge, thus trapping me under water.

snapper_37

Oh well I hate canals full stop. I stopped doing the canal paths when all the piss-heads started gathering under bridges.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

yeah, its a nice journey, but takes a lot longer then the road sa its a more gentle enjoyable ride. OF late its got bad becuase of hte peole who dont have lights or reflective clothing. Trying to write email to TFL

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

just ordered today a "Fenix L2D Q5". someone on the towpath has something well birght and awlays messed up my night vision

domtyler

Über Member
Stick to cycling on the roads, it's far better in the long run. I definitely would steer clear of the towpaths once the clocks go back or you will most likely end up getting mugged, robbed or murdered.

snapper_37

I would love to do the canal paths cos it starts virtually right from my house and I could drop off and have around a 2 mile road ride to work. Unfortunately, in this day and age (and this shitty city) I won't risk it. Especially being a lone woman.

Glad you've ordered some lights mate.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

well nearly got stabbed that one time. Moving to brixton, so will more then likely be squahsed on or near blackfriers

snapper_37

domtyler said:
Stick to cycling on the roads, it's far better in the long run. I definitely would steer clear of the towpaths once the clocks go back or you will most likely end up getting mugged, robbed or murdered.

+ 1 that's my worry .... plus being chucked into the dirty stinking canal which I have a thing about anyway.

Top Bottom