1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stevenage 50 mile round trip, 15th june.

Discussion in 'Sportives' started by Paulus, 16 May 2008.

1. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

The North Herts CTC are organising a 50 mile round trip based on Audax rules but it is open to all. I will be there, I hope to see a few of you .
    http://www.stevenagectc.org.uk/ Go to rides and events and follow the links.

2. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

I wasn't going to this because of the Exmouth Exodus, but I probably will now. See you there, maybe.

3. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

:wacko:
    Are you still doing the Exodus Doc?

4. Nick1979

Nick1979 New Member

I am very tempted to give it a try! But I am a newbie on a very basic commuting hybrid, don't I risk being shown the door :-) ??
    I think I can make 50mi in 7 hours though! Is the route difficult (hills...)?

5. Nick1979

Nick1979 New Member

Well, in a moment of madness, I subscribed! So the goal for me will be to get to the controls before they close!

Do I need a map? (I think so, I'm likely to get lost!)

6. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

It's probably worth taking a map - you get a route sheet but if you go wrong you're stuffed unless you know the area or have a map. I went round the route a few weeks ago and it's fairly straightforward. I can firmly recommend the control at Hexton - it's in a tea shop that does home-made cakes...