Stoke cycling job vacancy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
link doesn't work…

snakehips

Ravenz said:
Ideal for someone who fits whatever criteria Council jobs require.. I dont sadly (too old and cynical)...
Does your local council operate ageist and cynicist recruitment policies ?
Surely they should be reported to somebody !

snakehips.jpg

Snakehips Bikes

alecstilleyedye said:
shite salary :wacko:
That's what I thought.
I know the Cycle Exeter team who run the project here. Lots of responsibility, loads of unsociable hours and meetings and a hell of a lot of Stuff to deal with. It won't be a neat tidy 9-5 kind of job by any stretch of the imagination. It's probably a great job, but I bet they'll be expecting a hell of a lot for the money.

got-to-get-fit

i wouldnt get out of bed for that money

got-to-get-fit said:
i wouldnt get out of bed for that money
If you're young, keen and see it as a career stepping stone (it's a temporary contract, yes?) then it's probably worth doing. If you're a bit older and have been around for a bit then you might be less willing to spend your evenings and weekends taking minutes at meetings and organising events as well as all the other stuff. If it had come up here four years ago I'd have probably given it a go.

OP
OP
R

Ravenz

cheadle hulme said:
My new job is in Stoke (Burslem). Its pretty hilly int it????

Might get the missus to take a look at this, cheers.

It can be quite challenging hill wise

Good luck on her...

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Fairly standard salary for what'll be a mainly administrative job. As others have noted, it could be a good starting point for a career in that field.
The fixed term suggests they've secured funding for this and the next financial year, but they may well have their funding extended in the future. Even if they don't, I wouldn't be surprised if an alternative Council post came up at the end of it.

domd1979

Veteran
Two issues I can see: 1. Its in Stoke 2. Its Stoke City Council, who just lurch from one crisis to another (Mayor recently arrested!!), can't say I'd fancy working for them.

Top Bottom