Stolen From Wilmslow - Focus Merluza

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
Great stuff-any excess that you'll have to stump up?

100 squid. Could be worse.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
@Origamist don't know if the police have been in touch or you have seen the local rag, but apparently they have recovered a load of bikes knicked in December from around our area, specifically near Lindow Common. Last week it said thirteen bikes had been knicked and this week they have recovered seven. Might be worth checking with them. :thumbsup:

Adam1965

One of my local bike shops told me that there had been a lot of thefts in our area and the thieves were using Strava etc to look at where your ride had started/ended and if it looked like a quick time for the distance covered meant it must be a higher end bike? There advice was to make sure that your privacy settings were set so that only friends could see you activity, anyone else heard of this?

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
@Origamist don't know if the police have been in touch or you have seen the local rag, but apparently they have recovered a load of bikes knicked in December from around our area, specifically near Lindow Common. Last week it said thirteen bikes had been knicked and this week they have recovered seven. Might be worth checking with them. :thumbsup:

Cheers, I saw that.

I should have updated the thread. Ms O's bike was recovered a couple of weeks ago. A lad was caught riding it and arrested. He tried to escape via Lacey Green but was tackled! My bike has not been recovered, but I got an insurance replacement on Xmas Eve, a nice Genesis Equilibrium.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Cheers, I saw that.

I should have updated the thread. Ms O's bike was recovered a couple of weeks ago. A lad was caught riding it and arrested. He tried to escape via Lacey Green but was tackled! My bike has not been recovered, but I got an insurance replacement on Xmas Eve, a nice Genesis Equilibrium.
At least you got one back. Probably considered a bit of a major crime wave at the local nick. The prediction they would be on Colshaw or Lacey Green spot on.

Freds Dad

Veteran
Cheers. Yeah, I thought I was moving to a respectable, well-to-do market town, but it turns out to be a den of petty crime, tanning shops and tight fitting Barbour jackets...

You forgot about every other car being a Range Rover with tinted windows driven by either orange women or men in t shirts that are too small.

There are however some nice Aston Martins knocking around.

bfbaxter

The shed was raided last night (took the roof off) and they got my winter commuter and my partner's Trek (blue, small with an adjustable stem and white rack).

Bike details:

Glossy back Focus Merluza
Compact Geometry (seat tube 55cm, top tube 59cm)
Fulcrum 7 wheels with red hubs.
Specialized Toupe saddle
ITM stem
FSA Gossamer Triple crank
105 cassette and chain
Pro Lite Carbon seatpost, 27.2mm
Black rack and mudguards (rear part broken)
Altura rack bag
Knog Blinder R Rear light
Black bar tape
Durano tyres

Not expecting to see it again, but you never know. Stock image for reference purposes:

11312052195_983f72b7d1_c.jpg

Item: Focus bike

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221400291437&globalID=EBAY-GB

Not that one is it?

Top Bottom