Stolen: Gents Dawes Mojave - Teddington, TW11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MatSav

SECURITY MARKED BY METROPOLITAN POLICE on 11 September 2008

21-speed Gent’s “hybrid” pedal cycle
Make: Dawes
Model: Mojave
Colour: Green
Material: Steel frame, alloy wheels
Approximate Value: £300

Accessories:
  • Cateye halogen bulb (not LED type) removable front lamp fitted with four new AA-sized Energizer Lithium batteries (silver & black), mounted on right handlebar
  • Red LED 0.5W two-mode removable rear lamp mounted on seatpost
  • Rear rack, black, with integral reflector
  • Black bottle cage on front down tube (no bottle)
  • Yellow “Zefal” pump with black adjustable T-or-straight handle and black nozzle fitting (Schraeder or Presta selectable orifice) mounted on side of front down-tube
  • Kryptonite “curly cable” black lock mounted on rear down-tube, with coils of lock nestling in bottle cage (note: lock mounting was insecure on down-tube, having lost the padding material between the constricting band and the frame). Lock has missing keyhole cover.
  • Wireless unbranded (purchased from John Lewis) silver coloured cycle computer mounted on right handlebar – transmitter (loosely!) mounted on offside front fork, magnetic sensor mounted on front wheel spokes.
  • Tesco Value “single hit” bell mounted on right handlebar
  • Full length silver coloured mudguards
  • Clear plastic Chain Guard

Distinguishing Marks:

• Control cables (brakes and gears) had NOT been cut to length – excess cable length had been coiled and bound with black insulating tape at sprockets and brake blocks.
  • Handlebar grips worn.
  • Pedal rubbers loose and “flapping”. May have missing yellow reflector from one pedal.
  • Rust spots around top centre of handlebars and fork crown.
  • Fork crown fittings only hand-tight.
  • Quick release front wheel
  • White-walled Schwalbe Marathon 700c tyre on front wheel

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Sorry to hear that - was it from your home...?

One of the parents at school told me her daughters bike was stolen last week from the bike shed. They jumped the fence, nicked the bike then took it around the corner and destroyed it..... what was the point!

OP
OP
M

MatSav

summerdays said:
Sorry to hear that - was it from your home...?

No, from work. No more than six feet from my desk! The bike was outside the office window, but I'd lowered the blind because of glare onto my computer screen - so I didn't see anything :-(

Top Bottom