Stop blaming bad drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

I always find it difficult reading beyond the words 'researchers reported'...

GrasB

Veteran
Like a lot of things it's a starting point not a finishing point.... I have a mild form of dyslexia, it was only diagnosed in the 2nd year of GCSE course work, I got an E in English. Armed with the knowledge of my dyslexia the following year I did a 1 year course & got an A, it's amazing what you can do if you try instead of just observe.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
OK, so find the bad driving gene and ban the lot! :biggrin: :smile:

These days you can blame any thing on you genes, I wonder how long before insurance companies start asking for a genetic profile before they will give you cover...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
HJ said:
OK, so find the bad driving gene and ban the lot! :smile: :laugh:

These days you can blame any thing on you genes, I wonder how long before insurance companies start asking for a genetic profile before they will give you cover...
They won't have to ask. Once the government succeeds in its plans to biometrically database everyone in the country it can only be a question of time before this kind of stuff gets leaked/sold by moles - or by government agencies, for that matter, incentivised by ambitious revenue-adding bonus-linked performance targets.

You think I jest. I do not.

"Thousands of innocent people, including children and victims of crime, are taking part in controversial genetic research without their knowledge or consent.'

The security of the police National DNA Database is in question following the disclosure of confidential emails which reveal that a private firm has secretly been keeping the genetic samples and personal details of hundreds of thousands of arrested people.

In a separate twist, evidence has emerged that the Home Office has given permission for a controversial genetic study to be undertaken using the DNA samples on the police database to see if it is possible to predict a suspect's ethnic background or skin colour from them. Permission has been given for the DNA being collected on the police database to be used in 20 research studies.

These latest disclosures, which were unearthed following a series of Freedom of Information Act requests by The Observer and the campaign group GeneWatch, will give rise to fears that many DNA samples being collected by police from innocent people could be misused. 'Britain's DNA database is spiralling out of control,' said Dr Helen Wallace, deputy director of GeneWatch. 'Thousands of innocent people, including children and victims of crime, are taking part in controversial genetic research without their knowledge or consent.'

With almost 3 million samples, Britain's DNA database is the largest in the world, as police are allowed to retain DNA from anyone arrested whether or not they are found guilty of a crime. It contains more than 50,000 DNA samples taken from children.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crime/article/0,,1821731,00.html

lady_rider

Sam Kennedy said:
Is this 'Gene Variant' the female gene? :angry:

I'll hide now!

Ha ha ha... my driving is absolutely fine thank-you :blush: However, I do seem to lack the "reverse parking" gene

jonny jeez

Legendary Member

That bit sounds like a good piece of forensic analysis. If a suspect is not on the database, then assessing their description (even if it is only race and skin colour) will help to eliminate thousands of enquires.

Puzzled by the phase "predicting" tho..."I predict that tomorrow you will be the same colour and race as you are today"

Even Michael Jackson struggled to avoid the inevitable certainty of that one

Top Bottom