Strange comment by the Police

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
61C493D3-E7E3-493E-9864-665FD6BA131D.jpeg

How can the car that hit it from behind be innocent? They failed to stop when the car in front stopped.
Could this comment be used in court to deny liability?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
South Yorkshire Police says it all - as well as the clearly wrong 'innocent' motorist comment, the hash tag of 'could have cried' together with their complete lack of action when cyclists get closed passes or even hit shows they really have their priorities wrong.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
How can the car that hit it from behind be innocent?
The car is inanimate and can't be held to be guilty or innocent. The "Motorist" was referred to in the tweet. So putting it all together the motorist was likely driving in a fashion such that the motorist couldn't stop in time. So not innocent. The broken down car in lane 3 is unexpected but the motorist wasn't driving with the unexpected in mind. Which is something motorists do all the time but that doesn't make any of them innocent.

OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
South Yorkshire Police says it all - as well as the clearly wrong 'innocent' motorist comment, the hash tag of 'could have cried' together with their complete lack of action when cyclists get closed passes or even hit shows they really have their priorities wrong.
Exactly right. It’s suddenly twitter worthy because it’s a Lamborghini. If it was my C1 I doubt they would have cared.
Are the police now chasing likes on Twitter.

How can the car that hit it from behind be innocent?
Cam belt failure can cause a car to go from 70 to zero in a few seconds with no activation of the brake lights. The screenshot above does not say how long the 2 cars were in tandem - the Lamborghini could have pulled into too smaller gap in lane 3 immediately before it failed.

Cam belt failure can cause a car to go from 70 to zero in a few seconds with no activation of the brake lights. The screenshot above does not say how long the 2 cars were in tandem - the Lamborghini could have pulled into too smaller gap in lane 3 immediately before it failed.
And the police carried out a crash investigation, talking to witnesses, gathering evidence and had both cars tested in a workshop before reaching their conclusion did they?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I know I am failing to not look like a nob for this reply but ... that car does not have a cambelt. :whistle:

Brandane

Is it because I lied when I was 17?
No-one else taking issue with the "20 minute old brand new Lamborghini" comment? Which is it then - 20 minutes old; or brand new? The difference might amount to tens of thousand of pounds for a car like that, and that's before it was instantly turned to scrap! I hope the driver who hit it was well insured, and has started saving up for his next renewal.

AuroraSaab

Seems a bit odd that a brand new car that the owner had been driving for 20 minutes should stop due to mechanical failure. Also a bit surprising that the police could disgnose that so quickly, unless they were going on what the driver said. Is there a driver error that would bring a car to an accidental abrupt halt? The car behind could well be innocent if the Lambo came across into his/her lane. Glad no-one was hurt.

I had an accident in Cumbria years ago. In a line of traffic doing 50mph on a straight country road, proper distancing etc. My hands free phone rang in the car and I looked across at the screen in the centre console to see who it was. When I looked up I was ten feet from the stopped van in front. It really was that fast and I didn't even have time to brake. Wrote off my 1 week old car, the van in front and the van in front of him. As I looked at the screen the car at the front of the line suddenly realised he was about to miss his turning and slammed on the brakes.

I got a "driving without due care" ticket because I didn't stop in time, which was fair enough.

Top Bottom