Strange comment by the Police

Brandane

Is it because I lied when I was 17?
Its groundhog day!
Yebbut, the other thread is over there, where angels fear to tread.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Its a bit frightening coming across a stationery object in the fast lane at 70mph. It happened to me on a dark evening. I managed to swerve and miss it. A BMW hit the barrier a few minutes ahead of me. There where no lights on it when i came through. Its not something you expect to happen. Dont no any details about the lambo incident. Would have thought the guy in the lambo would have nursed it over to the slow lane. Cant beleive it just stopped.

raleighnut

Guru
Its a bit frightening coming across a stationery object in the fast lane at 70mph. It happened to me on a dark evening. I managed to swerve and miss it. A BMW hit the barrier a few minutes ahead of me. There where no lights on it when i came through. Its not something you expect to happen. Dont no any details about the lambo incident. Would have thought the guy in the lambo would have nursed it over to the slow lane. Cant beleive it just stopped.
Breaking a prop shaft would stop you pretty much instantly if it 'dug in', my mate Pete had it happen on an artic he was driving apparently it launched the back of the Unit up like a pole-vaulter before it ripped the shaft off. Management tried shifting the blame onto him but luckily he'd 'faulted' the thing the day before with a 'clonking' sound but the mechanic who'd been given the job had taken it out and said "they all do that mate" but the paperwork was all in place to say that Pete had identified a fault and the truck had been through the workshop so he was exonerated of any blame. That incident wrote off 5 or 6 cars as well as the Lorry, seems that hitting a big metal pipe laying in the roadway of an unlit motorway is a bit dangerous.
Likewise a seizure of the engine, gearbox or either diff (Lambos are AWD) would stop you pretty sharpish. :ohmy:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
This story is news and worthy of daft comments from the Constabulary???

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Breaking a prop shaft would stop you pretty much instantly if it 'dug in', my mate Pete had it happen on an artic he was driving apparently it launched the back of the Unit up like a pole-vaulter before it ripped the shaft off. Management tried shifting the blame onto him but luckily he'd 'faulted' the thing the day before with a 'clonking' sound but the mechanic who'd been given the job had taken it out and said "they all do that mate" but the paperwork was all in place to say that Pete had identified a fault and the truck had been through the workshop so he was exonerated of any blame. That incident wrote off 5 or 6 cars as well as the Lorry, seems that hitting a big metal pipe laying in the roadway of an unlit motorway is a bit dangerous.
Likewise a seizure of the engine, gearbox or either diff (Lambos are AWD) would stop you pretty sharpish. :ohmy:
As i said. I dont know the detail for why it stopped. But i have never heard of a propshaft just snapping. If they come loose the vibration caused by an un balanced propshaft should send some sort of signal to the driver. But if he ignored that. There aint no more to say.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Interesting that the police referred to the van driver who hit the Lamborghini as an 'innocent motorist' in their tweet.

Are you innocent if you drive into a stationery object? Isn't the brake pedal designed for that sort of eventuality?

BBC News - M1 crash: Lamborghini wrecked after 20 minutes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-53176091
This is just one persons interpretation of it. I am quite sure the rest of the force personnel looking at the photos will be asking the same questions as you.

Unless they are thinking he is innocent until proven guilty. 😊

mustang1

Guru
The real story here, according to the Beeb, seems to be the Lambo. There are no photos of the van, no make and model of the van, nor it's estimated cost or whether it was purchased new or used. All those details are published about the Lambo however.

mustang1

Guru
a-holes. good thing your friend had the paperwork sorted out.

Top Bottom