Strange Days

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Is it just that we are immersed in the Spring Classics and that its the racing rather than the individual riders or are we still suspicious of him?

Who I hear you say?

Contador won the Basque Tour and there was not a single mention of him on here or is it just that Astana are not at the races.

Keith Oates

Janner
Contador is doing well this year but because Astana and him are banned from most of the big races it's not so well noticed. I hope I'm not the only one that thinks this but ASO and Rudehomme have successfully ruined my racing year and after the meeting in Paris yesterday it seems there will be no return to sanity in the sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girofan

It takes two to tango Keith! If the UCI keep making threats and are not willing to consider some sort of compromise with the big oraganisers, then things will only become more entrenched.
It's not who blinks first! It's who has the cojones to admit they do not have all the answers, and are willing to work with EVERYONE for a better future.

Keith Oates

Janner
girofan said:
It takes two to tango Keith! If the UCI keep making threats and are not willing to consider some sort of compromise with the big oraganisers, then things will only become more entrenched.
It's not who blinks first! It's who has the cojones to admit they do not have all the answers, and are willing to work with EVERYONE for a better future.

You are correct, girofan, but it seems to me that neither side are in a dancing mood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Guess who was invited to the Meeting on Friday in Paris and declined the invitation. Yes the UCI, no doubt too busy thinking up its next bullying tactic.

If the UCI does not start talking to Organisers and Rider groups it is going to hand the sport to ASO and Co which is not what we want.

walker

mondobongo said:
Is it just that we are immersed in the Spring Classics and that its the racing rather than the individual riders or are we still suspicious of him?

Who I hear you say?

Contador won the Basque Tour and there was not a single mention of him on here or is it just that Astana are not at the races.

I'm only interested when a non Spaniard wins the race, which is rarely

Top Bottom