strange omens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jely

hmm, sorry - for some reason i thought it was a seagull it ate... but then again, why wouldn't it be another pigeon

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Arch said:
What was the buzzard in the middle of reading? I didn't know they could read, that's interesting...

I read somewhere that buzzards could read the small print of The Times from 100 metres away. So, obviously, it was Reading The Times.

I wonder who found that out? And how? Did they invite the buzzard to take part in the News Quiz? Look to see which way it voted?...

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Along the lines of the pigeon with the seagull, about a month ago my mum (in the UK) told me how she saw a hawk take a small bird right in their driveway. First time she's ever seen that.

Only a week later where I am (US) same thing happened in front of my house -gruesomely the hawk picked the bird up, flew at high speed and then flung the bird at the side of the neighbour's house to stun it first, and picked it up in its talons and flew off. First time I've ever seen it as well.

Anyway, back on topic, Yellow Fang, you're in really deep, deep trouble, and I'd watch out if I were you. Or of course you might not be.

spindrift

Enlarge article-1029057-01B94BCE00000578-297_468x318.jpg
Hovering: The heron spots her target and hones in for the kill

Enlarge article-1029057-01B94C6D00000578-781_468x400.jpg
Escape: The mother duck frantically tries to lead her offspring to safety

Enlarge article-1029057-01B94C7500000578-227_468x298.jpg
Trapped: The duckling has no chance and is caught in the heron's bill

Enlarge article-1029057-01B94CD700000578-214_468x308.jpg
Chaos: The heron stands tall as the family of ducks are left flailing in the water

Enlarge article-1029057-01B94D1D00000578-193_468x286.jpg
Stare: The heron and the duck lock eyes as it holds the duckling aloft

Enlarge article-1029057-01B94D5E00000578-258_468x286.jpg
Distraction: The mother duck attempts to stop the heron flying away

Enlarge article-1029057-01B94C9800000578-630_468x286.jpg
Desperate: She tries to fly off in pursuit

Arch

Married to Night Train
spindrift said:
I cycled past a rather ripe dead fox on the tow path.

Plus, horribly, a seagull flying down Shoreditch High Street with a pigeon weakly flapping in its beak.

Nature red in tooth and claw I'm afraid.

No one ever feels sorry for the half a hamburger bun being pecked by the pigeon though...

spindrift

Arch said:
Nature red in tooth and claw I'm afraid.

No one ever feels sorry for the half a hamburger bun being pecked by the pigeon though...

The worst thing about the pigeons is the Americans who insist on feeding them.

They make a disgusting noise, are often horribly deformed, they have sex in alleys and eat rancid ratburgers and vomit, and their offspring make a ghastly noise.

Arch

Married to Night Train
spindrift said:
The worst thing about the pigeons is the Americans who insist on feeding them.

They make a disgusting noise, are often horribly deformed, they have sex in alleys and eat rancid ratburgers and vomit, and their offspring make a ghastly noise.

Not ALL Americans are like that...;)

Maz

Guru
Catrike UK said:
I cycled past what I thought were two dead badgers yesterday (on the way to the pub after work), then I realised each only had two legs and one had no head.
Badgers? Badgers?! We don't need no steenkin' badgers!! :biggrin:

spindrift

A man who ignores portents is a fool:

When the tide runs low in the smugglers' cove,

/ And the 'eadless 'orseman rides above,

/ He drives along with his wild hallo,

/ And that's the time when the smugglers go in their little boats to the schooner and bring back the kegs of brandy and rum and put them all in the Devil's Cove below.

Rhymes, see!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIP9CeEqrKI

Top Bottom