strange result from recelling battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all
I have just had my wife's folding ebike battery recelled and there has been a strange result.

Previously, when the ebike was in maximum assist mode and I was pedalling at a speed quite close to the cutoff speed - then the motor would emit a screaming sound - not hugely loud but very clear
Didn;t really sound good - but as I seldom used it is max assist mode I never got round to looking at it properly

Anyway - the battery failed and I got it recelled
and now it is back - and the motor no longer screams no matter how much I push it!

anyone any idea why/what or how???

cheys03

Veteran
Interesting one! Were the cells replaced like for like, the same spec... or are the new cells more capable / greater capacity, besides being newer?
Just thinking along the lines that a battery that can pump out more current will maintain a higher voltage at max demand, which may shift any odd sounds past the cutoff.

OP
OP
E
Interesting one! Were the cells replaced like for like, the same spec... or are the new cells more capable / greater capacity, besides being newer?
Just thinking along the lines that a battery that can pump out more current will maintain a higher voltage at max demand, which may shift any odd sounds past the cutoff.
Capacity has moved from 8.5 Ah to 10.5 Ah - so maybe you have a point
higher quality as well (apparently!)

CXRAndy

Guru
Most obvious answer, is when using a full power, the old battery wasn't able to maintain voltage. This interfered with the electronics of the motor controller, resulting in an unusual noise.

Just out of interest, where did you get your battery re-celled? Just in case one of mine ever needs it :smile:

OP
OP
E
Most obvious answer, is when using a full power, the old battery wasn't able to maintain voltage. This interfered with the electronics of the motor controller, resulting in an unusual noise.

Just out of interest, where did you get your battery re-celled? Just in case one of mine ever needs it :smile:
https://ebikebatteries.co.uk/

They did one of mine from an old ebike several years ago
and 'another' forum specifically for ebikes has a lot of people who have used them - and they have a good reputation on there

Top Bottom