Strangest cyclist you've ever seen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple of years ago I was helping my brother unload his car at around 12.30am on a residential road in summer. A cyclist came around the corner who was half quite normal: helmet on head, lights on the bike, cycling jersey... and below the waist, *nothing* and I mean nothing, not even shoes! He looked a little embarrassed to see us and sped up off around the corner. It was quite hot, but this is perhaps a tad extreme.

What's the weirdest cyclist you've seen?

On the would naked bike ride;):wacko:

Apparently theres a naked cyclist the rides along the 'Middlewood way' in Cheshire regularly.....I must admit that ive never seen him though!

And theres a guy in Stockport called Mad Tony who rides around everyday dressed like a Tour de France rider circa 1977......hes so famous now that he has his own Facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2385135948

sheddy

Legendary Member
Not particularly strange but I saw a chap today who seemed to have a small windmill thing on the bars possibly to charge a 'puter or a phone. Intriguing.

wafflycat

Many years ago, in my young, free & single days, living in the NE, studying and then working in The Toon, I used to travel by bus every day. I remember waiting for the bus in the summer months there was a guy who used to cycle by regularly. He wore nothing but a thong. It was not a pretty sight.

sticky sherbert

Some years ago I had severall encounters with a mad bloke on a bike in Wolverhampton, usually on the ring road, waving a stick and shouting "F**k off" to everyone and anything he passed. used to give me a good laugh

yenrod

One of the lads in work told me about some bloke they seen once at 5am cycling with just a thong on by liverpool docks - still gets a laugh. He even said Hi!

There must be a special magnet under the road outside Chateau HF that attracts the weirdos. I've seen everything pass from semi-recumbent penny farthing, to someone with a perfectly normal Trek bike loaded with luggage, but a helmet made out of a cardboard box complete with ventilation slots, but with the MacDonalds markings still visible. Penny farthing Ordinary riders c/w pith helmet are two a penny.

sheddy said:
Not particularly strange but I saw a chap today who seemed to have a small windmill thing on the bars possibly to charge a 'puter or a phone. Intriguing.

My father used to have one of those on his bike, just a toy windmill. He also at one time had a celluloid duck which flapped its wings, they were quite fashionable in the 1930s.

Keith Oates

Janner
There used to be a guy in Manilla that used the same road as the club riders do each day. He rode a bike that had the front wheel removed, so he was on the back wheel only with the empty forks in the air. Strange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will1985

Über Member
sticky sherbert said:
Some years ago I had severall encounters with a mad bloke on a bike in Wolverhampton, usually on the ring road, waving a stick and shouting "F**k off" to everyone and anything he passed. used to give me a good laugh

Surely you mean the tramp who lived on the ring road? He died last year.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
There was a bloke who used to regularly cycle around the pedestrian zone in Düsseldorf stark naked. He had a shopping basket thing attached to his handlebars and in that was a ghetto blaster churning out heavy metal at full volume. He also had a penchant for going the wrong way down one way streets.

Smeggers

I saw some woman in Harrogate on a hand painted flouresecent yellow postman bike, with a pith helment covered in tin foil.

All her clothes (and I mean ALL) were hi-vis with bits of tin foil dangling off.

I guess she wanted to be seen.

Top Bottom