W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i signed up for he trial , i use the mapping software to plan rides , tried the garmin one but it saves all my routes as untitled and i cant change the name .

Not at all strange there is a local rider on an ebike, obviously unrestricted talking loads of KOM's, I don't think he is the only one.
If that was happening around here they would be flagged within minutes of taking someones KOM and disapear, the only place I see silly times left is in central london, in the wilds of essex people take their KOMS fairly seriously. I have flagged rides in the past and none have remained on the leaderboard bar one who insisted he was on a bike ( several people must have flagged him and he got a bit of hate mail in his ride comments) and the one section he recorded 86mph he claimed was a gps glitch so not his fault so at first refused to delete which I believe. In the end he was persuaded to just hide that ride so it did not appear on the leaderboard.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
i signed up for he trial , i use the mapping software to plan rides , tried the garmin one but it saves all my routes as untitled and i cant change the name .
If you want to rename a route on Garmin Connect voa your phone simply view the route and swipe up from the bottom and edit the field. In fact the latest version of Garmin Connect prompts you to edit the name from the default which is the type of route plus date.

Venod

Eh up
If that was happening around here they would be flagged within minutes of taking someones KOM and disapear

I am not sure how the flagging works, one of my KOMs was flagged, Strava sent me a message saying I could delete it or make it private, or assure them it was genuine, it was genuine so it remained, so I guess all the ebike rider has to do is say its genuine to keep it.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Always interested to see how I did on the day of the ride compared to others; its a pity it then changes to the day after and so on rather than being fixed on the date of the ride. IMO Stravas segment data is worth paying for when route planning to see if there are any grades just too steep on a proposed route.

Too right, luckily I'd checked out this segment before trying it and brought along the hammer, pegs and sufficient rope.

1591102048539.png

That 800 foot vertical pitch is a killer. :laugh:

cyberknight

If you want to rename a route on Garmin Connect voa your phone simply view the route and swipe up from the bottom and edit the field. In fact the latest version of Garmin Connect prompts you to edit the name from the default which is the type of route plus date.
I use a laptop win 10 can't see the option

cyberknight

And on it the default name is untitled

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I use a laptop win 10 can't see the option

When viewing the course, click on the 3 dots and chose edit.

1591105156612.png

Then click on the pencil icon.
1591105254141.png

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I am not sure how the flagging works, one of my KOMs was flagged, Strava sent me a message saying I could delete it or make it private, or assure them it was genuine, it was genuine so it remained, so I guess all the ebike rider has to do is say its genuine to keep it.
That's interesting, didn't know what the process was.
I have flagged a few rides in the past, obvious mistakes where a rider has ridden a slow loop ride with low AVE speeds then a short break (while loading bike into car) then a blisteringly fast spur off the loop at speeds of 30+mph, gaining multiple KOMs as they forget to stop their Strava during the drive home. I've even seen this take place overnight where a loop ride from home is followed by an inactive period of 8+hrs then a frantic, kom grabbing high speed drive to work early next morning.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I suspect you do but they just haven't admitted it to you. It seems pretty widespread.
In all honesty none of the people I ride with have any need or desire to look for favourable weather. Generally we turn up at a climb, glances are exchanged "I feel good today" and "Are you going for it?"

And off we go. Really it is all just good honest endeavour.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Never really understood the segment hate.

People have been testing themselves on hills and against town signs pretty much since the bicycle was invented. It's human nature to be competitive.
Because since Strava, they're being "competitive" past the kiddies play area, the school gate and through junctions without priority. Unsurprisingly, that sort of shoot farks a lot of people right off. I'm sure you're not one of those daffodils, but surely you can find some segments in your local area that no sane person would race?

tommaguzzi

Über Member
You say you are 99% unaware of segments and the go on to say you chase your own pb s.
Well the first time you do a pb with a huge tailwind then that's your unbeatable pb.
If you ride the same roads then after a while all your best effort will be assisted in some way.
I am not trying to be controversial just relating my personal experience usingi Strava almost from it's very beginning.

Top Bottom