W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

This was from yesterday, so it still seems to be working.

13 rider

Guru
@wafter as a free users I got pr notifications on today's ride . Sometimes segment data seems to lag behind the ride being posted . Revisit the ride and see if it's uploaded

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Thanks guys - I've just refreshed it and I'm still no seeing anything... will have to check it tomorrow / on a subsequent ride. Finding less and less reason to bother with Strava tbh..

Mike_P

Guru
Oddity on an ebike segment today. Tells me I am the second fastest along it at 15.7mph but their are two listed above me, one at 15.9mph equally legal having leg powered beyond the motors limit and another at 28.3mph which could well be questioned as to the legal nature of the ebike, more so given another segment was covered at 45.7mph. So it seems they are possibly discounting illegal ebike rides on one hand but still leaving them in on the other.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Thanks guys - I've just refreshed it and I'm still no seeing anything... will have to check it tomorrow / on a subsequent ride. Finding less and less reason to bother with Strava tbh..
Is it something like your ride is private? Or the segment is private? Or it's within a privacy zone?

wafter

Is it something like your ride is private? Or the segment is private? Or it's within a privacy zone?
Thanks for the thought; I've just checked and the ride is public, it's all outside my privacy zone (:laugh:) and I can't see all of the segements I've shown some improvement in being private.. they're all displaying the now-crippled leaderboards.

D

Deleted member 26715

Weird I've just looked & I'm still getting to see PR's etc. not only mine but a couple of friends, non of us pay

wafter

Weird I've just looked & I'm still getting to see PR's etc. not only mine but a couple of friends, non of us pay
Thanks.. mine's still showing naff-all. Maybe it's a glitch attached to that particular ride.

In other news I've just had yet another email from Strava touting their free trial; which runs out in five days apparently. Thinking I'll sign up for it as long as I can remember to cancel it before they take my money - really hate their "automatic opt-in" approach :angry:

Solocle

Über Member
I think there was issues that they didn't respect the privacy settings (exclusion zones) is that what Strava call them so you can't see the home address
Nah, relive used privacy zones... while it went through Strava. But, if you export it and upload to relive, or indeed send it direct from the Wahoo, then it doesn't. Thanks, Strava :rolleyes:

Thanks.. mine's still showing naff-all. Maybe it's a glitch attached to that particular ride.

In other news I've just had yet another email from Strava touting their free trial; which runs out in five days apparently. Thinking I'll sign up for it as long as I can remember to cancel it before they take my money - really hate their "automatic opt-in" approach :angry:
Sometimes individual rides do have their own little glitches. I had one last week when flybys were not available, but the guy I rode with (socially distant, faces covered, hands sanitised) could see them.

wafter

It's a Merkin thing, should be made illegal in the UK
I agree. Sounds about right for the "land of the free" (to exploit others for your own personal gain) :rolleyes:

Sometimes individual rides do have their own little glitches. I had one last week when flybys were not available, but the guy I rode with (socially distant, faces covered, hands sanitised) could see them.
Guess we can't complain on the free service - if paying for it I'd hope this isn't an issue though..

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Thanks for the thought; I've just checked and the ride is public, it's all outside my privacy zone (:laugh:) and I can't see all of the segements I've shown some improvement in being private.. they're all displaying the now-crippled leaderboards.
Did you put a fair bit more effort in on your ride? I am just back a quick ride and worked extra hard and when I downloaded the ride I noticed there was no segments. It had made it an e-bike ride, possibly as I was a fair bit faster than my normal rides so I had to change it. Don't possess an e-bike! Lol

wafter

Did you put a fair bit more effort in on your ride? I am just back a quick ride and worked extra hard and when I downloaded the ride I noticed there was no segments. It had made it an e-bike ride, possibly as I was a fair bit faster than my normal rides so I had to change it. Don't possess an e-bike! Lol
Thanks for the thought - I can't see any allusion to an e-bike anywhere; it still has my default bike listed so I assume it's not mis-labelled it.

You must have got a shift on for it to think you were on an ebike :laugh:

Top Bottom