W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Does it actually say "No segments for this activity" If it does it would suggest the activity type has changed to run / swim etc.
Nup - segments are all listed but no PRs / 2nds / 3rds are shown anywhere, despite there being numerous actually looking at the numbers in each segment.

Mike_P

Guru
Did you put a fair bit more effort in on your ride? I am just back a quick ride and worked extra hard and when I downloaded the ride I noticed there was no segments. It had made it an e-bike ride, possibly as I was a fair bit faster than my normal rides so I had to change it. Don't possess an e-bike! Lol
Having an ebike I would be very surprised if it did that automatically as ebike rides upload as ride from most (all?) apps and have to be manually changed.

Slightly off topic, but related.....

A couple of years ago I had one of my rides suspended. I had to go through all sorts of emails with Strava. They had decided, on no evidence that they would give me, that one of my rides had been done in a motor car and so was ineligible for the bike section. No idea why - times etc were no different to other rides.

I had used a Fenix as a trial for a few rides but for some reason one of them caused a glitch.

Strava initially were helpful, but then they asked if I'd recorded it on an iPhone. Nope, because I'm on Android, and had used a Garmin product. Strava immediately lost interest. Their policy seems to be to support Apple products and everything else is rubbish.

Don't know if that helps; I suspect not🤔

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Just got back from another fairly intense thrash to find the same issue with Strava showing absolutely no achievements. Did a bit of digging and found this about "refreshing activity achievements".

Tried it and my achievements went from nowt of anything to 2 PRs, 2 seconds and 2 thirds. Checking further however revealed that some segments still weren't registering some PRs.. so I refreshed them again; revealing a total this time of 23 PRs, 14 2nds and 11 3rds :blink:

Likewise doing the same for the ride yesterday that I originally had issues with has taken me from zero achievements to 5 PRs 13 seconds and 7 thirds. On this occasion I was a bit more patient with the banner at the top stating the process may take a while, so think maybe the issue with getting more achievements after refreshing the other ride for a second time was maybe just because it refreshed the page after more achievements had been updated, if this makes sense.

So.. very happy to have solved the issue ad uncovered a lot more PRs than I'd expected; less happy that I had to do it in the first place and that the subscribed version might also be this buggy. Have any paying users had a similar issue with achievements not showing?

Mr Celine

Discordian
Have any paying users had a similar issue with achievements not showing?

Very occasionally and it happened just as often with the old free version. On Sunday I did some segments for the first time, on initial upload it gave my times but I didn't appear on the segment leaderboard at all - my best being --- / 183 or whatever.

I didn't need to do anything, the leaderboard had updated the next time I looked, which was about an hour later.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Plus local legends is only if you make your rides visible to everyone and pay the subscription. No thanks. So not even a local legends out of those using Strava. Just a legend amongst subscribers .

Plus local legends is only if you make your rides visible to everyone and pay the subscription. No thanks. So not even a local legends out of those using Strava. Just a legend amongst subscribers .
Nope. Not true. Totally false. Fake news.
I dont pay a penny and have a few local legends to my name. All you have to do is ride the same segments repeatedly.

Mike_P

Guru
Commuters should be in with a fair crack at gaining a 'local legend' status.

MntnMan62

Über Member

Actually, the local legends is for all users, subscription and free. I don't pay for Strava yet I am seeing daily awards for my riding certain segments as the Local Legend.

Frankly, I could care less if they award me local legend status. That stuff doesn't matter to me. The only person I'm comparing myself to is myself.
So, I only care about my time, mileage, average speed, elevation gain, stuff like that. It matters not what anyone else is doing.

Top Bottom