Stuart O'Grady Collapses..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26327880-5006301,00.html

SOUTH Australian cycling star Stuart O'Grady was taken to hospital after collapsing following a hot lap with Australia's 2007 MotoGP champion, Casey Stoner, on the Valencia circuit in Spain.

O'Grady, who had a compulsory medical check from MotoGP doctors before climbing on the back of Stoner's Ducati, passed out when the Australian was introducing Adelaide's Tour de France veteran to other riders.

Cycling SA executive manager Max Stevens said O'Grady bit his tongue and collapsed in front of most of the MotoGP's starting grid. "It was a corporate event in the morning of the race," Mr Stevens said.

"Casey Stoner started to interview Stuart and introducing him to these people.

"Stuart couldn't answer the questions and then he collapsed.

"They called the medical team and luckily he had the doctors on standby for the race."

O'Grady had just completed his UCI ProTour season with team SaxoBank before heading to South Australia in preparation for the UCI Tour Down Under.

Spanish doctors confined the two-time Tour Down Under and 2007 Paris-Roubaix champion to a hospital bed after the ordeal.

Medicos also are performing precautionary scans, Mr Stevens said. "He woke up in hospital and they're going to do a series of tests," he said.

"We'll know more in the next couple of days.

"Ann-Marie, his wife, is at home in Monaco and we're getting all this information through third parties."

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I bet it was the shock of going that fast without getting out of breath!

Seriously though, I hope it's nothing serious.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I occasionally think that when I get in a car - that I'm moving without actually exacerbating myself...it's an interesting sensation and something that too many/alot take for granted ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
I also hope it's nothing serious, it could well be the fact that the experience of going around the track at the speed Stoner (or any of the MotoGP stars) ride could have been the trigger.!!!!!!!!

yello

I wonder if Robbie McEwen has sent him a get well card :biggrin: Or have those guys kissed and made up now!

Like FM, I've always liked O'Grady. He's someone that just seems to get on with it. I hope he's ok.

raindog

er.....
Thanks for the Millar story - interesting.

All that linked to getting mugged in France - horrific - and I know some ex-pats think there's no crime here.:wahhey:

O'Grady has always been a favourite in the peloton along with Jens Voigt.

Top Bottom