Stupid Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Looked at the computer, a full 3 minutes under my PB for home to work..round the last bend, head down, full power winding the bike up into the mid twenties... ..Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii............................tttttttttttt Blue Corsa had come out of a junction on my left. Yes he should have waited, possibly misjudged my speed. Maybe he was a SMIDSY but this stupid cyclist should really have been watcing where he was going. I missed the back of the car by about 3 inches, didn't even have time to hit the Brakes...gave myself the fright of my life...
Please be carefull out there!:biggrin:

HobbesChoice

I think you're being too hard on yourself! I see that as a heart jump start for the day! ;)

Always good to have a reminder to keep watch though, particularly when it all turns out right in the end!

Ain't adrenaline wonderful for the bowels? ;);)

I've learned from as much from my own mistakes as I've learned from reading those of others. I just wish it was possible to learn everything without making mistakes being part of the process!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Always travel at a speed you can safely stop in the distance you can see to be clear.

However, this only works if you're LOOKING WHERE YOU'RE GOING

Glad you're OK, lesson learnt and passed on. How it should be.

Garz

Squat Member
HobbesChoice said:
Always good to have a reminder to keep watch though, particularly when it all turns out right in the end!

On my outing yesterday it had been raining slightly, I came flying over a bridge-like section of road and turned a sharp left. Even though I managed a signal my brakes just couldnt cope, very lucky not to hit an oncoming car, rear wheel slid as I cornered and a motorist beeped which I apologisingly waved once had the bike under control again. My fault and have learned to decellerate much more now especially in the wet. :smile:

You said it,you are all going too fast.Just like mr moton half the time.

Top Bottom