Stupid overshoe question....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Strick

OK, this will seem like a completely idiotic question to many, but oh well, here goes..............

Ive been looking at overshoes for a little bit. They seem to be design to fit cleats - fair enough. Will they "work" with normal shoes too? I tend to cycle in the Lonsdale casual slip on type rather than bulky trainers if that helps.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I rode with overshoes with trainers for quite a while until I got spd pedals, it seemed to be causing hardly any wear to the base of the overshoes as I think that I my foots contact area with the pedal was mainly where the cutout for the cleat was anyway. These were fairly thick neoprane overshoes though, BBB heavy duty ones off ebay. I also have a very thin pair of Lusso Max Repel ones that are just made out of thin nylon or something for summer use as my shoes are not waterproof. These would obviously wear much faster at a guess. Even if you just got a year out of thicker ones it ain't bad as mine were only £15.99 if I remember correctly.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Good stuff, thanks for the swift reply. Did you find the sizing OK?

For the BBB ones I got the size for my usual shoe size and they fit fine. They do stretch a bit anyway. The thin Lusso ones I went for large when if I remember rightly I was on the edge of L or XL. But I read on the net that they were big sizes so went for the large and they are great, these stretch even more as they are so thin.

D

Deleted member 1258

OK, this will seem like a completely idiotic question to many, but oh well, here goes..............

Ive been looking at overshoes for a little bit. They seem to be design to fit cleats - fair enough. Will they "work" with normal shoes too? I tend to cycle in the Lonsdale casual slip on type rather than bulky trainers if that helps.

I have a pair of overshoes which I wear over steel toe capped boots, they are thin ones designed just to be waterproof, they wont keep my feet warm. Just go into your LBS wearing the shoes you want to wear the overshoes with and tell them what you need.

Hi Strick,

I've been going throuigh the same thing - my previous overshoes fell to bits (Trek?) and I was looking for something better. Opinion in various fora seemed to think that velcro fasteners were best. I wear Shimano MTB shoes with open mesh tops on my road bike as I have wide feet - but that creates a problem getting road shoe overshoes on. The Endura MTB500 seemed good - but many reviewers say that that the zips fail quickly. Then I found the Altura Night Visions - they don't really have a sole and are designed to fit over all sorts of shoes (including work boots it seems!) and they fasten with velcro - and Evans have them on sale at £20. So ordered a pair this am. Hopefully this will keep the cold Cheshire air and cowsh!t at bay over the winter!

Andy

OP
OP
Strick

Strick

Hi Andy,
Hope they work out better for you. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom